🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to Upload Profile Picture
Page options
jtieperman
Community Member

Unable to Upload Profile Picture

Good afternoon!

I have been trying to set up an Upwork account; however, whenever I go to upload a profile picture, I receive an error message saying that something went wrong.   I have tried several different pictures on both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but none of them have been accepted.  How do I get past this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Janice,

I'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to help assist you with your profile pic.

~Nina

View solution in original post

88 REPLIES 88

Hi Naren,

I'm sorry to hear you're also having trouble updating your profile picture. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
nojut
Community Member

i also cannot upload my picture

Hi Victoria,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? If the issue persists please send us the screenshot of the error message you receive when you try to upload a photo from your end so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
72bc395d
Community Member

Hey,

I cannot upload a profile picture, it gives me an error, and whatever I do it's still not working out, so can somebody help me?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Adham,

Judging by the error message you got, it looks like the system wasn't able to detect your face in the picture you were trying to upload. Could you please make sure that the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If you still can't upload it after checking that, then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser and see if the problem persists.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
tug69115
Community Member

Hello! I'm also having trouble uploading another image for my profile pic even though it's within size and the file size required. Can someone also reach out to me for assistance?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephen, 

I apologize for the delay as we looked into this further. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
crazymooni
Community Member

Hi,
Hope you are doing well.
I'm trying to update my profile image but I'm unable to upload any image and getting this error :

"We have detected some problems with your uploaded portrait image: We weren’t able to detect your face. Please use a photo where your face is the main focus. When in doubt, use a photo that you would use for your passport. Upload a photo where you're facing the camera and your face is clearly visible. When in doubt, use a photo that you would use for your passport. Please consider uploading a more appropriate portrait image."

Looking to get this issue resolved. Thanks

Hi Taimoor, can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths