🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to buy connects on upwork.
Page options
gauravtop
Community Member

Unable to buy connects on upwork.

Hello there!

Hope you all are doing great!

I am Gaurav, I have started new work as a freelancer on Upwork. but, due to some issues, unable to buy connects on Upwork. may I know what is the reason behind this?

please find in the attachment is the screenshot of the issue, which I have faced to buy connects.

Note: I had also a word with my bank they said, your debit card is eligible for the international payment. pls, provide a solution ASAP.

Thanks,

Gaurav Luthra

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Gaurav,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods

You may want to retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello dear!

First of all, thanx for your reply!!

I want to clear some things. I have PayPal account. also, I have added one
debit card to link with PayPal account. still, I am getting same error
message.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Could you please confirm if you've had this card linked to your PayPal from the start? Would it be possible for you to try a different payment method from your PayPal wallet as Nikola mentioned? If not, I would suggest you contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths