🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Submit problem
Page options
9ebbea25
Community Member

Unable to complete profile

When I try to complete my profile I get this message. I've tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome and have teh same issue. Upwork team this is mission critical to your business if this isn’t resolved your loosing quite a bit of new business. Hopefully you’ll prioritize this. I see MANY people experiencing the same issue.
141 REPLIES 141
vikein
Community Member

Hello. When I try to submit my profile I get this message. I've tried Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome and have teh same issue.

Hey Upwork team!

I am unable to submit my profile. I request you to rectify the issue at the soonest.

Regards

Mukesh

Hi Mukesh, 

I can see that a member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through your support ticket. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out through your support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork

When i complete my profile it doesnt let me preview it and a message pops up saying that an error occurred. 

Hi Pedro,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
83c73120
Community Member

Hello, I get the "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support." when trying to submit my profile, even after clearing cache and cookies. Please help me

9fbf8738
Community Member

Hi,

When I try to submit my profile it says "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support" Any advise?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Could you please try to submit your applications again? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f55ce52d
Community Member

I am still having the same issue and have been trying since this afternoon. I just tried again right now to submit my profile and got the same error message. It also seems the system will not save the profile past the title and overview point. Thank You. 

637e29d4
Community Member

I am a new member on your website. However, I already have some troubles useing it. I tried to fill my profile twiced, and each time the website stop working on specific period of time. So, I needed to close your web and login one more time, after what it shows me that I need to fill the form again, all the steps that did before just disepires. However, I tried to fill the profile third time, although, the problem with the website happend again. The website just stop answering. However, on this time, I had an opportunity to fill in & save all the profile steps, the only thing I needed to do was put my profile photo. It was the last thing I needed to do but the website stop answering, and now when I refresh the page it shows e again that before using it I need to fill in the profile. It disappointed because I spent two and half hours to fill the profile with all it problems, and now I again where I started.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olena, 

The Customer Suppor Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
deejohn7
Community Member

It appears your website is still not working.  I am trying to create a profile and when I get to the field to add "City" it will not take the city name.   There is a position I am interested in but cannot get to it because the site is not working properly.

Dee

Hi Dee,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that the reason why you are unable to add the city is that you are trying to add a city that is not within your selected country. Please check your selected country and let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I cannot either....this is so frustrating: Step 10 out of 10 in the registration process and I cannot complete my registration. All the 10 steps will be lost! 

Hi Rene, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please share if there is an error that is showing on your end when you try to save your profile information? 

~ Avery
Upwork
igorko27
Community Member

The same problem at the Phone Number step.
"Sorry, something went wrong..." issue

4e696c14
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to setup my profile at UpWork, but for some reason I am displayed an error saying "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support." 

This happens when I am trying to add my Mobile number in the format 70******** while the Country code is set as +91 (India). Is there some way I can navigate past this. I have tried adding my other numbers as well, and as I do not own a Landline phone, I have not tried that format. 

Requesting assistance.

Regards

7416f43f
Community Member

Hi Goran,

I'm facing a similar situation. Everything is compplete but when I click submit it says something went wrong please try again or contact support. I tried clearing cache/cookies and logging in from a different browser but it's the same problem.

Hello, I am unable to verify my phone number as well adn it will not let me go to the next page to complete my profile. 

Which browser you are using? Please use Google Chrome and try using your laptop.

I cannot submit my profile. I filled out the profile as much as possible, fulfilled all the requirements, but every time I click "Submit profile", the Upwork gives me the error "Something went wrong". I tried on a different browser and clear the browser's cache and cookies, but it did not help.

Hi! I Have the same problem! 
"clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browse" — Didn't help 😞

84a18feb
Community Member

Hello!

Can you please check what's wrong with my profile? I have just created it and not yet submitted, but my draft is gone, so I can't edit it anymore and the only option is to create it again.
But when I did so and reached the 10th step I was recommended to talk to the support team.

I see the reason in chrome dev tools. It says
{"categories":true,"education":true,"employment-history":true,"tier":true,"englishLevel":true,"languages":true,"phone":false,"rate":true,"skills":true,"address":true,"failed":"phone","success":false}

"failed":"phone" why is that? I am not yet fully registered, so it can't be true that my phone number is not accepted. Previously it worked just fine. Please check what's going on.

Hi Vitaly,

Thanks so much for reporting this issue and providing the logs. Are you able to complete this step successfully now or is it still an issue?

What do you mean when you say "Previously it worked just fine."?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vitaly, 

I checked your account and can see that you have an open ticket with the team. It sounds like someone got in touch with you. Is there anything I can do for you today?

~ Avery
Upwork
84a18feb
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I got no reply from your support team yet. Request id 28013561. Can someone please take a look?

Hi Vitaly,

Our team will update your ticket with more information as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ho thanks for asking, now it works😊

I am unable to create my account ..please help

Hi Sandipan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
flupev944
Community Member

I keep getting this message:

"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support." 

Valeria do you have any news how the technical team is resolving it?

how long it will take?

This is happening to me too. Last night and today. I have tried different browers, deleted cashe and cookies, went incognito, and tried logging out and back in again. No luck. How and when will this issue be solved??

abellmm
Community Member

I created an account and entered all my information. When I got to the phone verification step, it gave an error and when I refreshed it had lost all the information on step 4-10. I re-entered and it did the same thing again.

a4854126
Community Member

Hi, same error here!

17f20373
Community Member

I tried with jpg and png. I get this message:

Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to upload your image, or contact customer support for more information.

Hi Michalis,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. Finally, could you please try clearing your cache and cookies and uploading the picture again? If the error still appears, please let me know.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
dc52606e
Community Member

Having the same issue unable to save my profile. Please advise. 

Hi,Why is My profile not submit. Whenever i fill all my details and click submit button its shows "something went wrong. please contact support". This error is showing all the time when I try to submit m profile. Please have a look over it and let me know if something needs to be done by me.With regards,character

I am trying to create my new profile, but it is failing at the add your phone number step and i can't proceed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths