🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Cannot complete profile after providing m...
Page options
9ebbea25
Community Member

Unable to complete profile

When I try to complete my profile I get this message. I've tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome and have teh same issue. Upwork team this is mission critical to your business if this isn’t resolved your loosing quite a bit of new business. Hopefully you’ll prioritize this. I see MANY people experiencing the same issue.
141 REPLIES 141
Community Member

Hi, I am a freelance designer. I tried creating an account on Upwork, but on completing all the steps I received a message  saying "Something went wrong. Please try again later or contact support for assistance". I've tried multiple times but results were the same.
Can you please help me create a profile?

Hi Reshma,

Could you please go back to complete your profile title and overview along with other steps and then try to submit your profile again? Let us know if you still get an error after that.

~ Valeria
Upwork
88cf07db
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I'm not able to finish creating my profile. Clearing my cache and changing browsers hasn't helped.

Hi Alexander, 

Could you please go to your Find Work> Profile page and try editing the fields to complete your profile? Are you getting any errors when adding Profile Overview, Employment History or any other fields?

~ Valeria
Upwork
ibnshumon
Community Member

I am new in upwork.At starting i do signup upwork then after verifying gmail in option 10 "add your phone  number" is not passing.Please help me. The landing page is given bellow for your kind consideration.Please cheak it.     https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline/

Hi Abu,

Could you please go back to the Title & Overview step and complete those section before you try to submit your profile again? Let us know if you still face any issues.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi. Same thing happened to me. 

Hi Carolyn,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, 

I'm having an error completing my profile. I've completed all the details up to providing my mobile number but upon clicking the 'Preview profile' button, I'm encountering an error saying "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support."

Please advise. 

Hi M S,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I am facing the same issue.  I have tried to submit my profile many times but 'Sorry, something went wrong...' notification keeps popping up. 

Yes, I went back.
missdutta
Community Member

very difficult to use and get support. says 'something went wrong' after filling all the pages. not happy

Hi Satarupa,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete your application? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am trying to submit my profile but I keep getting an error message saying "sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support". Trying again doesn't do anything... please help! I have spent a long time creating my profile and I don't want to lose it all. Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sattwa, Athena, and Igor, 

I have shared your concerns with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
igorko27
Community Member

Thank you!

1ee82197
Community Member

Hi Avery!

I´m having the same issue as Sattwa, Athena, and Igor: "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support."

Could you please help me?

Best regards,

Hi  Adrian and Edgar,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser. If anyone is still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran!

I did what you indicated and I’m still getting the same error message.

Best regards,

Hi,
I am facing same issue.

Please help !

Hi Trishna, 

Could you please clarify what error you're getting and when? I noticed that you haven't yet added your profile title and overview. Could you please complete those fields and try resubmitting again? 

~ Valeria
Upwork

When I am trying to submit my profile on Phone Number step,  there is an error "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support."

I created an account but after I put my number I received this prompt Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support. what would I do?

Hi, I am facing the same problem even after clearing the cache. Please assist, thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Syukri, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ea92fbe4
Community Member

Hey there!

I´m having the same issue as everyone here, I hope you guys can help me out with that too.

🙂

I assume you are aware, but I am also having the issue of not being able to save my profile, same error message.

Hi Phillip, 

I'm sorry I missed your post. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I can´t complete my profile becase after complete the last input (phone number) and click on PREVIEW PROFILE comes this message:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support.

Had anyone the same problem as me?

Thank you!

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. I have everything completed except my profile overview. Every time I try to submit my profile with the profile overview filled out, an error message pops up saying something went wrong. I've tried using different browsers and still have this issue.

I have been trying to sign up for a while but keep getting an error message that something went wrong . This happens at no. 10 - Phone number

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denese, Gabriela, and Rebecca, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you separately to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
flupev944
Community Member

Hello i have  the same problem:

''Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support''

its not me i guess only - its everyone who tries to sign up

when it will be fixed?

See attached screenshot.

I made a ticket and your team gave me all instructions but it doesnt work again

I cleared my casshe, i cleared cookis, tried 5 browers, tried incognito mode, nothing works!

Hi Tsonko,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I think its a common system bug/error?

I did read few days ago there was the same problem with other people in another post.

A lot of people here are having the same problem?

when it will be fixed?

tarynj77
Community Member

Please assist, getting the same issue.

Cleared cache and cookies still persists.

Hi Taryn,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue. I've deleted cache and tried with different browsers, but nothing change. I'd appreciate your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths