🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: "We're sorry, but something went wrong. P...
Page options
9ebbea25
Community Member

Unable to complete profile

When I try to complete my profile I get this message. I've tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome and have teh same issue. Upwork team this is mission critical to your business if this isn’t resolved your loosing quite a bit of new business. Hopefully you’ll prioritize this. I see MANY people experiencing the same issue.
141 REPLIES 141

Hi Lorena,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further with your application, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hey Goran, I am having the same issue as everyone else on this thread. I am hoping a team member can reach out and assist me as well. I followed all recommendations and still no luck. Thank you. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stefan and Enrique,

I`ve escalated your concerns as well and our team will reach out to you both via tickets to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

HI, I don't know why I just can't submit my account, please help me.

Sorry, I mean it's coming when I'm trying to upload my account

Hi Adine, 

I checked and see that you still have a few items you need to complete before you are able to submit your profile. Could you please go back to this page and add the items you see listed at the top of the page. Then try again to submit the profile and let us know if you still get an error.

~ Valeria
Upwork

It's still not working. What can I do?

Thanks for the follow up, Adine. Let me have a support ticket created for you so the team can further check and assist you. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Every time when i’m trying to add some items , it is not working.

Hey Goran.
I’m really hoping that you will take me to your team.

Hi Goran, I have the same problem uploading my profile. Please help me

Its a problem since yesterday.

Why dont you escalate it so it can be fixed for everyone?

its not a problem for individual people but for everyone. 

Hi Goran, it's been solved. I've been able to submit my profile. Thank you!!!!!

0e42db50
Community Member

Hello

I cannot submit my profile after editing all the necessary information. A message appears: "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support."

Any solution? Thank you!

Hi Raphael,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Still not working!

reblade1
Community Member

Excuse me dear sir, I am having trouble with my upwork submission. It tells me that something went wrong. I've been clicking this for a very long time and it is really stressing me. I hope you can help me.

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? Let us know if the issue persists so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Excuse me sir, I've tried cleaning my browser and tried another browser but
the problem persists. Hoping for your reply thank you. Wishing for your
good condition against NCOV. Let us all stay healthy.
[image: War.jpg]

I already changed my browser and did a clearing. But it is still the same. I also tried incognito. Please help me detect the problem

Hi Dave, 

I checked your account, and it looks like you have already submitted your profile successfully, and it has been accepted. To help you get started, please check out the freelancer resources we have compiled here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

Thanks for reaching out. I've shared your reports with the team and they are currently looking into this issue. We'll keep you updated once we have more information.

~ Valeria
Upwork
angeldubon
Community Member

I have a problem with the last step in the creating a profile... attached the error image

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hello everybody,

I'd like to confirm that our engineers are investigating these reports of errors when creating profiles. We appreciate your patience while we're getting this resolved.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Whoops- I created a new topic then saw this one. I got the same error.

All,

The team just released a fix for this issue. If you were experiencing the error before, could you please try and submit your profile again. Please, let us know if you continue getting "Sorry something went wrong" error.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

All,

I'd like to provide another update on this issue. We discovered a bug in which special characters (e.g., í, ã, etc.) were not being recognized and saved correctly. We have since released fixes to address it.

Unfortunately, some users who were impacted by this bug will need to re-enter those portions of their profile and re-submit it. If you had the error, please log out and back into your account, complete parts of your profile that aren't complete and try submitting it again. If you still experience any errors, please let us know.

We appreciate your patience. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

hey what is this now
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adine, 

Could you please share more information about your concern so that our team can assist you? 

~ Avery
Upwork

having same issue while submitting profilehaving same issue while submitting profile

Hi Markus,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Have done i already

Hi Laila,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aipatov
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork on February 4 and still cannot submit my profile. I filled out the profile as much as possible, fulfilled all the requirements, but every time I click "Submit profile", the Upwork gives me the error "Something went wrong" and I don’t understand why. I ask for help

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrey,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to submit your application? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cleaned my cache, cookies, i tried another browser, but error is still here.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Andrey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello ,

I've got the same error. I filled my profile but when i hit 'Submit profile button' i'm getting an error 'Something went wrong please contact support'. BTW i've cleaned my cache and tried to use different browser but still getting the same result.

Hi Team,

My unable to register my profile on upwork. the moment I click on review my application it is saying something went wrong, please try again later. I have cleared my cache and opened in the different browser as well

Hi Swati and Ivan,

One of our team members will reach out to you both via tickets as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths