🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to complete profile
Page options
9ebbea25
Community Member

Unable to complete profile

When I try to complete my profile I get this message. I've tried Firefox, Safari and Chrome and have teh same issue. Upwork team this is mission critical to your business if this isn’t resolved your loosing quite a bit of new business. Hopefully you’ll prioritize this. I see MANY people experiencing the same issue.
141 REPLIES 141

think its a common system bug/error? I did read few days ago there was the same problem with other people in another post. A lot of people here are having the same problem? when it will be fixed?

Hi Tsonko,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our engineering team is investigating it further and one of our team members will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

THe problem is since yesterday for a lot of people i can see.

do you think it will be fixed today? ?

I think its not a personal problem. Its for for a lot of people

Hi Goran! I've had the same problem as the guys above and already tried to clear cache and submit through another browser.

Can you help me too, please??

I really want to work with upwork

Hello there! I´m having the same problem...any news of this bug?

Thanks!

Same problem here! Looking forward for help. Thanks!

Hello , I've got the same error. I filled my profile but when i hit 'Submit profile button' i'm getting an error 'Something went wrong please contact support'. BTW i've cleaned my cache and tried to use different browser but still getting the same result.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
laurenodom
Community Member

Hello, I tried creating a profile last night but it kept giving me an error message and to try again or contact suppport when I clicked submit profile. I tried logging out and back in but then it would delete some of my input data. Today I tried deleting cashe/cookies, going incognito, and using different browsers. None of them will work. Please I would like to get my account set up as soon as possible and I can't find any other solutions.

Lauren

gamification
Community Member

I keep getting this message when submitting my profile:

"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support." 

Hello i have  the same problem when i click submit profile:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support.

can you help

l_serrano_molina
Community Member

i filled my profile account but when i try to submit return this error: 

"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support."

rosinka20bialko
Community Member

Hello i have  the same problem when i click submit profile:

Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support.

can you help

kaii03
Community Member

Hello, can anyone help me? I've been trying to complete my profile but I cannot get pass the step number 10 which is to put my contact number. There is an error that is popping and it is not allowing me to finish. Whenever I refresh, it will just go back to step 4. I had to reytpe everything again. Been doing this muliple times already to no avail. Hoping someone can assist me. Thank you. 

Please see attached for reference. Removed few numbers for personal confidentiality

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kathleen,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to complete your application. If you`re experiencing the same problem after this, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

Thank you so much for your assistance. **Edited for Community Guidelines**already emailed me. It already WORKED! I was able to put my contact number and submit my profile. Hoping to be verified soon. 

Have a great day! Thanks again for the assistance. 

Regards, 

Kathleen

KKC,

Welcome to UW!

As a veteran UWer with many years of service, I would like to suggest that you take one more shot at revising your profile copy. There are more than a few basic grammar/syntax errors and the overall copy could and would be greatly improved by a cleaner, more professional tone.

Best of luck and work smart, work safe!

wb

Im having the same issue. Whenever I click on "Submit Profile" I get an error message saying that "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support.". I have already tried from different browsers, firefox, chrome, edge, on incognito tabs and clearing my cookies and the error persists.

Taking a look at the request I see that the response on the browser is the following:

{
    "profile-overview"true,
    "categories"false,
    "education"true,
    "employment-history"true,
    "tier"true,
    "englishLevel"true,
    "languages"true,
    "rate"true,
    "skills"true,
    "address"true,
    "failed""categories",
    "success"false
}

Why are categories failing? Could this have something to do? Thanks!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Luis, 

I'll go ahead and share your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having the same problem as many others on this thread. I can't find any way to contact customer support--would love it if someone could reach out to me.

I've tried creating my profile, but when I put my phone number in for authentication, nothing happens.

Hi Jonathan,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths