cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to create new account after deleting old one...

Arne N Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
1 of 11

I have recently deleted my old account cause I decided I wanted to change some information for the inital Upwork  application. When I tried to sign up with the exact same E-Mail address there always appeared a window which said an error occured even though my old account was deleted. I now created an account with another E-Mail address to  be able to get help from the Upwork comunity center. Is there any chance to create a new account with my inital E-Mail address: **Edited for Community Guidelines**?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 11

@Arne N wrote:

I have recently deleted my old account cause I decided I wanted to change some information for the inital Upwork  application. When I tried to sign up with the exact same E-Mail address there always appeared a window which said an error occured even though my old account was deleted. I now created an account with another E-Mail address to  be able to get help from the Upwork comunity center. Is there any chance to create a new account with my inital E-Mail address: xxxxxx

You are not allowed to create a new account at all, with any email address, ever.

You have to either ask Support to revive your old Upwork account, or not have one at all.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
BEST ANSWER
3 of 11

Hi Arne,

We can reinstate the account you previously closed so that you can go ahead and update the information you have on that account. Please let us know if you would like for us to reinstate your account. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Arne N Member Since: Jan 6, 2019
4 of 11

Yes thanks, I´d appreciate that.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 11

Hi Arne, 

I would like to confirm that your old account has already been resintated. This is a gentle reminder to please close your new account to meet the Upwork Terms of Service. 

-Avery
Untitled
Mars M Member Since: Feb 5, 2019
6 of 11

Can you help me, cause I also have the same issue?

BTW, why do you not have an email address for support, because I needed to create an account to contact upwork support?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 11

Hello, Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your issue I'll assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Bill G Member Since: Jul 15, 2019
8 of 11

I have the exact same problem, can you please help me as well? I created this account just to be able to reply. I can't PM you unfortunately, i get a  "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action" error. 

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 11

Hi Bill,

Please try once again to send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Monica V Member Since: Mar 28, 2017
10 of 11

I PMd you guys about the same issue. Thanks!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS