🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to edit skills in my profile
Page options
mohamedhaddi
Community Member

The "Skills" section of the profile is so buggy.

Hello,

I've been having trouble with the "Skills" section of my profile for the last 3 days, whenever I delete a skill or move it or add a new one and hit "Save", when I refresh the profile nothing is changed! The old skills are still there.

I've tried removing the cache and cookies and still have the same issues.

Also sometimes when I add a new skill it won't even save and it will throw me this error message:

"There was an error loading this page: error [7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS, 7347f2ac5ad994f4-LIS]. Contact Upwork Support for more information."

mohamedhaddi_0-1659545747417.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

We want to confirm that this issue has now been resolved. Kindly clear your browser's cache and cookies and retry adding your skills. If the problem persists, please update this thread by replying to my post so we can assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience, everyone!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

142 REPLIES 142
aqsasusman
Community Member

hi,

I am unable to edits skills in my profile and for that reason my profile is getting rejected. can you please help find the reason why skills are not being edited in my  profile

Hi Aqsa, 

I checked your account, and I was not able to replicate the issue you mentioned. Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Please let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Aqsa,

I had the exact same issue. Apparently It was only happening on Safari and trying to remove/add skills on a different browser i.e., Mozilla Firefox fixed the issue for me. Hope you get it sorted too!

i also facing same error i can not edit my skills please let me know whats the solution...

Hi Rijab,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Mohamed, 

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Sure! Will wait.

So how long does it take usually? Now it's already been about 50 hours since I created the support ticket.

Hi Mohamed,

I'll follow up with the team, you should receive a reply soon.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you!

Hi Andrea,

Are there any updates?

It's been now 8 days since I was told by Customer Support that the issue was escalated to the Technical Support team (11 days since I opened the ticket), and I still can't modify the "Skills" section of my profile.

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry that you haven't heard from the team yet. I've notified the team and one of their support agents has recently followed up with you on your open ticket.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

Thanks a lot.

dbc69f6f
Community Member

it is a same issue as mine. what should i do?

f798e44e
Community Member

I was trying to optimize my profile skill, But I can't edit it. All it says is "There was an error loading this page: error [7372329f3e09e554-MNL, 7372329f3e09e554-MNL]. Contact Upwork Support for more information". Can someone help?

Hi Ralph,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I can see that you were able to raise a support ticket with the Customer Support team. Kindly allow more time for them to review it and get back to you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f798e44e
Community Member

Thank you Mr luiggi, yeah I guess that's the only thing I can do for now, just wait for their reply. I've done every possible solution I've seen here in the forums, reset the cache/ try different browser etc, I've tried it on 4 different browser but it's still the same. 

This bug has been over a month now, and still it's the same. I hate to rant but this is really pissing a lot of freelancers, I've tried to open up a ticket but the support team that replied to me just simply said to me "it has to just 15 skills no more than that" !@#&¥€!! Really for real???? That's the only solution you can come up with? I'm not that stupid not to know that it only requires 15 skills, the problem here is whenever you "update a new skill" it reverts back to the old skills. I mean seriously Upwork's technical team is **Edited for Community Guidelines**, its 2022 and a simple bug like this takes months and years to be solved??? And EVERYDAY! there's always an email that something is wrong like in the proposals,payments etc etc and it needs fixing, the only thing that doesn't ever have an error in upwork ever since is upwork commission take on freelancer's job. 2022 is nearly over, I'm sure this issue will still not be addressed and fix in the year 2023, this bug has been going on since 2020!! Read the community thread about this issue. 

Hi Ralph and Valued Members,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and trouble this issue may have caused you. Rest assured that the team is working around the clock to resolve this. We will surely keep this thread posted whenever we have updates or once it's been resolved.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5b57708c
Community Member

Hi, 

Today, I was trying to update the Skills section of the profile because I need to remove redundant ones and add new ones. But an error dialog box pops up instructing me to reach out to customer support. 

I hope you guys can help me. Thank you!

All the best,

Harold B.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Harold, 

Does this happen when you try to clear your browser's cookies or use a different browser? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, 

I tried updating my Skill section using Google Chrome and the Freelancer - Upwork app but it won't update. The same pop-up error appears. I also tried clearing my cache but still, it does not resolve my concern. I hope you can help me with this. Thank you!

Hi Harold,

I checked and can confirm this is a known issue that our team is currently working on resolving. We'll be updating this thread once we have more information.

~Andrea
Upwork
5b57708c
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I hope you get to fix this ASAP since this is a very important section of our profile as freelancers. Thank you!

-HB

Hi, I have the same problem. Can't able to update skill in profile section. Please help to solve it.

Hi Rully,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Andrea,

Is there any word on this? I am receiving the same error message (on Safari, Chrome, and Firefox).

-Joe F.

fa38399a
Community Member

Hi Andrea

Same , I am also facing a same issue , unable to edit skill section .    hope that it can get fixed ASAP

2ca72210
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Do we have any idea how long will this take to be solved? It's been over 2 weeks and a lot of freelancers (including me, in all different browsers) are getting the same issure. Skills are obviously a crucial part of a freelancer profile when posting for a job, so we need this solved asap.

Thank you so much.

Hi Tomas,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you and everyone else affected. We cannot yet give a timeline as to when this will be fixed but rest assured that we're regularly following up with the team to get this resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork
emmanuel_ja
Community Member

I think something is wrong from the Upwork platform side of things. I have also experienced this issue, cleared my cache, tried troubleshooting it on my own, etc. The error reads: 

There was an error loading this page: error [740f14be8efbd414-SEA, 740f14be8efbd414-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information. 

This happens when editing skill set.

be710cdd
Community Member

 Hi there! When updating the skills in the profile, I have a technical error, because of which I cannot update this data. This error has been present for several weeks. The following message appears:

There was an error loading this page: error [74249876bf0977ad-SEA, 74249876bf0977ad-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Please help me to solve this problem because my skills are completely out of date and I need to change them. Thank you.

screen.png

I keep getting an error when I try and update my Upwork skills on my profile. 

There was an error loading this page: error [741a9c052913ff84-SEA, 741a9c052913ff84-SEA]. Contact Upwork Support for more information.

Hi Elaina,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, 

I did clear the cookies and cache on my browser and the error was still showing up. I also tried switching to a differnet browser chrome to firefox and the same error was happening. 

Thank you. 

Hi Viktoriia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
be710cdd
Community Member

Hi Nikola.

If I understood correctly, I only need to wait until the information about my request appears on the page Requests? There is no such information now. Thank you.

Hi Viktoriia,

That is correct. I'm sorry for the delay as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I followed up with our team and they will reach out to you soon via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets on the link that Nikola provided.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Upwork Community,

I'm Lindsay,

I'm new here and it feels great to be here. However, I have an issue I have been battling with since 3 days now. I am a freelancer but I'm unable to edit my skills. I want to venture in a particular niche and bring down all other skills. I have been trying to remove other skills and by the time I recheck, it will still be the same set of former skills. It's unable to edit my new skills which is making me get clustered work feed. Please help on what to do. I have also cleared cache and used another browser but still no solution.

Regards,

Lindsay.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths