Page options
believeinwork
Community Member

Unable to get projects

Hi, I am struggling to find projects.

What is going wrong?

Link to my profile is as below

https://www.upwork.com/fl/designersingh2792

I have applied to 90 jobs related to presentation and/or deck designing in last 10 days but to no avail.

'My stats' shows that I was discrovered less often compared to my peers.

I do apply to only jobs with less than 10 proposals are sent.

I have a 100% complete profile with relevant details.

I do write customized proposal for evry client.

A typical proposal that I write looks as below. Learned from UpWork guideline of writing proposals.

"Dear ABC, greetings of the day!

Looking for a perfect ppt/deck? Want your investors to invest? Want to engage your audience? I have got your back for best of the presentations.

I come from a brackground with designing experience of over 3 years having prepared 100s of presentations for corporates and consultants while working part time at a designing agency.

I do make sure that your presentation is 100% unique and specially created using custom visuals and infographics to enhance audience engagement while giving you an edge over your competition.

Attached are:

1). Infographics: Which i have curated over the year to deliver a speedy turnaround.

2). Sample ppt : non editable, please open as read only.

Looking forward to your "Invite For Interview. 🙂

Regards,

Abhishek. "

I have seen that for some jobs where I have applied even after applying with the lowest rates the "Bid-Range" does not show the lowest price as proposed by me. I had applied with a $49 proposal still the bid range shows $100 as low. Does it mean that the profile is restricted from reaching to the clients?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
NikolaS

Hi Abhishek,

I am sorry for the late response. Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, are experiencing highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope. You may want to consider checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and this thread to help you get started. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks for your response Nicole.

It is not about loosing hope but yes I do get frustrated reason 1). Upwork doesn't lets the freelancer know if the proposal was opened by the client. 2) Freelancer never knows the rank of the proposal. 3). Freelancer never gets to know who has been awarded the project from so many bits atleast, by this the freelancer gets to know what the Client was looking for and doesn't waste energy and time for the same client again if it is not in his scope.

Waiting for responses from other freelancing experts as well.

It's hard to start your career on Upwork. I took at a look at your profile, read your proposal submission example, and can understand why clients may be turned off. 

Profile:

* Don't start your profile is "OK price". Remove this feedback entirely. The first 2 sentences are what a client sees in a search so make sure they stick out. It sounds like you're cheap and fast. It takes too long to get to the "great work" part. 

* You come off as having an ego. "Welcome to my profile". What are my achievements? Don't ask, just give me reasons why as a client I should hire you. 

* You "suffered" to get the presentations done? That means it caused you pain. Not good or desirable as a potential hire.

* Ask your previous clients to give you testimonials. 

Proposal Submissions:

* Make sure there are no misspellings

* Customize each submission using information from the job post

* Don't ask for the interview or even allude to it so directly. If the client is interested, they will reach out.

It's not Upwork's fault you haven't been successful so far. Read the resources available to you. Read through the community forums and listen to more experienced freelancers. 

Hey Robin, thanks for taking time out to reply.

I see you have pointed out my mistakes related to my Upwork profile and I am surely going to make changes as suggested, looking for more inputs from other members as well.

That are the nice lines i ever read ... Thanks it helpful.....😘😘

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths