🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to proceed with proposal
Page options
joanthompson
Community Member

Unable to proceed with proposal

I submitted my first proposal on Upwork.  I received a response that my proposal was rejected because I had already applied for the job. How do I rectify this, and make sure the client sees my proposal?  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Joan,

I checked this for you and can confirm that your Client successfully received your messages and that your proposal is still active, as you mentioned. Please allow time for them to respond to your message. 

During the interview process, in the messages, the client will send you an offer for you to review and accept. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You can see any contracts under the 'My jobs'. Please make sure there is a contract in place before you do any work for a client. You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Joan,

All of your proposals are showed on the client side. You are able to withdraw it, and send a new one, but that will cost you another 2 connects. You can check out this thread where you can find all of the information needed about getting started here. Thank you!

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks for your response. But is there a problem with the app? Although it
says I have no proposals I did receive a response from the client.

##- Please type your reply abov
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Joan T wrote:

I submitted my first proposal on Upwork.  I received a response that my proposal was rejected because I had already applied for the job. How do I rectify this, and make sure the client sees my proposal?  

That's weird, because you can only apply for a job one time, then the button is diabled, unless you withdraw the proposal and do it again. But I'm sure you would have remembered doing that?

I thought it was weird too, since it was my first proposal. Even weirder is
that the client responded, so she obviously saw it. But the app still says
I have no active proposals. This has me worried that the client is not
receiving or seeing subsequent messages.

@Joan T wrote:
I thought it was weird too, since it was my first proposal. Even weirder is
that the client responded, so she obviously saw it. But the app still says
I have no active proposals. This has me worried that the client is not
receiving or seeing subsequent messages.

I would not worry about that too much. Do you see it under submitted proposals?

It doesn't show up on the app as a submitted proposal, but is on the
website as active proposal. I can't find the active proposal section on the
app if there is one. Mostly concerned that my messages are not reaching the
client, since she said she had something for me to try "right away" but has
not responded since I agreed to it

Hi Joan,

I checked this for you and can confirm that your Client successfully received your messages and that your proposal is still active, as you mentioned. Please allow time for them to respond to your message. 

During the interview process, in the messages, the client will send you an offer for you to review and accept. Once you have reviewed the offer and accepted the terms, a contract will be created. You can see any contracts under the 'My jobs'. Please make sure there is a contract in place before you do any work for a client. You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks so much!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths