🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to upload profile photo
Page options
waymanb
Community Member

Unable to upload profile photo

Hello,

Every photo I attempt to upload to my profile indicates that it is too small.  I continue to get the error stating that the photo must be at least 250px by 250px.  My photos taken in 1920x1080 or 1080x1920 if in portrait.  

Other people with this issue have been told to try clearing their browser cache or using a different browser.  I've tried from four different computers running 4 different OSs (Windows, Ubuntu, iOS, Mac OSX), and I get the exact same error in every case.  I've tried different photos.  Same error.

I need some assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Wayman B wrote:

Hello,

Every photo I attempt to upload to my profile indicates that it is too small.  I continue to get the error stating that the photo must be at least 250px by 250px.  My photos taken in 1920x1080 or 1080x1920 if in portrait.  

Other people with this issue have been told to try clearing their browser cache or using a different browser.  I've tried from four different computers running 4 different OSs (Windows, Ubuntu, iOS, Mac OSX), and I get the exact same error in every case.  I've tried different photos.  Same error.

I need some assistance.

It might be having issues with the aspect ratio. At least 250x250 also implies it's looking for a square image. Try cropping it to a square resolution (1080x1080 should be more than large enough). That will also make sure that your face is the focus of the image, like the examples here: https://www.upwork.com/blog/2014/10/how-to-guide-perfect-profile-picture/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Wayman B wrote:

Hello,

I need some assistance.

It might be having issues with the aspect ratio. At least 250x250 also implies it's looking for a square image. Try cropping it to a square resolution (1080x1080 should be more than large enough). That will also make sure that your face is the focus of the image, like the examples here: https://www.upwork.com/blog/2014/10/how-to-guide-perfect-profile-picture/

Thank you very much for the advise and clarity. I will give that a shot.

Thank you.  I can confirm the issue was that the aspect ratio was not square.  Once I cropped the photo to be square, the image was accepted by the system.  I appreciate your recommendation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths