🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to verify phone number
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Adarsh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mckennaljm
Community Member

I put in wrong phone number and cannot get verification code. Profile will not allow me to change phone number in order to move forward with verification. What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lauri.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

my actual cell is **Edited for community guidelines**

Please hurry. I read comments that say
sometimes nobody calls or it takes a week for someone to call ##- Please
type your reply above this line -##
--
LJM

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lauri,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly, check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bonster79
Community Member

My phone verification text is not coming through. I've tried several times, but the verification code never arrives.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bonnie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
stephsaeta
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to change my phone number, and it is not possible just by going to settings. It got locked in a +1 number, and I need to update it with the one I am using currently (a +55). Please help.

Hi Stephanie,

I understand that you like to change your phone number. For this case, you need customer support team help. Please click the link below and chat/email to the team they will allow you to edit the info.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?utm_source=ada&utm_medium=bot&utm_campaign=handoff

Thanks

Best

Imran

Stephanie S wrote:

Hi, I am trying to change my phone number, and it is not possible just by going to settings. It got locked in a +1 number, and I need to update it with the one I am using currently (a +55). Please help.

Your profile is set to USA, your phone number is Brazil, your timezone the same as mine (Italy)

Where are you actually physically located?

Hi Stephanie,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
melissakay1027
Community Member

Hi, 

I am trying to set up a profile, and am certain that I have entered the correct phone number. However, my phone is not recieving any verification code texts. Can someone help me troubleshoot this? Having difficulty contacting a live help person. 

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
emilybracken1128
Community Member

Hello! I am trying to join as a freelancer, but it's been a few hours and I still haven't received a text verification code after I completed my profile. Please help!

Thanks!

Hi Emily,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
katehull19
Community Member

I have double checked to make sure my number is correct, but the code to verify it has not been received and I no longer have the option to resend it. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kate, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
reweber1023
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account and cannot proceed further because the phone verification button will not work. I have tried different internet browsers and had the same issue. Can someone please assist.

Hi Rachel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
iamkatehurley
Community Member

Hi there. I up new to Upwork and just put up a profile. When it says that the next step is to send me a text message for security it is not working. My phone works fine and I always get text messages. I have checked and rechecked the number and pressed the button multiple times for 2 days. Is there anything I can do to get that number texted to me? 

emilio_apestegui
Community Member

I did not receive a text message verification code on my cell. Tried refreshing, adding a 1 to my cell number. It is not working. Could someone from upwork reach out to me for this step? Thank you.

jessicarevargas
Community Member

Hi,

I’m having this same issue and no previously posted links seem to work for me.

Thanks,
Jessica

Hi Jessica and Emilio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
annebusch
Community Member

I am having sort of the same issue. I am attempting to create my profile and i get to the point where i enter in my phone number to verify it. It defaults to some strange number I am unfamiliar with. I enter in the correct number and I even attempted my husband's phone number but both give me an error message:  You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.  I have never attempted to register either number before.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anne,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bambuwords
Community Member

Hello. I am having the same issue. Please help. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeannelle,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jakeleif01
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jake,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jdmcmullin
Community Member

I don't receive a text to verify.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Josh, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
samawanderlust
Community Member

Hello, 
I am trying to verify my phone number but I cannot. I've tried two different browsers: microsoft edge and google chrome. Please help me with this issue.  

Thank you,

Samantha

Could it have something to do with you trying to verify a US phone number from outside the US maybe?

I did before but now I have returned to the USA and it's still not working.

Hi Samantha, 

The team will reach out to you through an email support ticket for more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm unable to verify the phone number. Says number already associated with other account. 

Hi Suresh, 

It looks like you have registered for another account with the same mobile number. Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork. I'll go ahead and send you a private message for more information about your accounts.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I'm also not able to enter my phone number and verify. I'm on Windows 10 and tried all my browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Edge), with and without plugins/extensions active. I continue to click on "Verify Phone Number" and nothing happens, including two different numbers.

Thank you,

Arnold

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Arnold. 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am also having this issue. I am in the US and the verification just will not process. Keep clicking but nothing is happening. 

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths