Did you mean: 

Unanswered proposals

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
11 of 15

@Juan V wrote:

@Petra R wrote:

@Juan V wrote:

Yes, but it's still a mistake to think that the most important part of the marketplace are the clients, not the freelancers

Where does all (except minimal membership fees) the money come from? (The clients)

What does Upwork have WAY TOO MUCH of? (Freelancers)

Does it cost Upwork or the Marketpalce anything when freelancers leave? (No, as there are a dozen ++++  taking the place)

Does it cost Upwork or the Marketpalce anything when clients leave? (YES!)

So no. NOTHING that could make clients go elsewhere is a good idea.

So apart from the fact that your use of caps and symbols is annoying, your statements are all wrong or incorrect.

The money comes from the clients, true, but only because there are freelancers doing the jobs.

False, upwork doesn't have too many quality contractors. In fact, I'd say there is a shrotage of quality contractors.

If a contractor with a great profile leaves then I would say there is a cost for the platform. If a client that posts jobs and never goes through the applications leaves, then the cost is zero because that client is also not generating any money. So your statement is at least incorrect.

But quality supply is greater than the demand. Where is your proof that there is a shortage of quality contractors? 

Juan V Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
12 of 15
Is it? where is your proof that quality supply is greater than demand?
Anyway, my point is that a substantially high percentaje of jobs are
created and never again visited by the Client, generating a pile of garbage
jobs that gets very difficult to sort out.
Higgs J Member Since: Aug 9, 2019
13 of 15

Is it true Upwork programmers make jobs so that they can earn the connect fees from the hands of desperate freelancers?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
14 of 15

@Juan V wrote:

> I strongly believe they should make clients pay a fee every time they don't hire anyone for the job. Or at least every time they just vanished without answering any proposals.

Lol, I'm trying to imagine a business that would try that, charging clients for not buying anything :-)

Hey, why not make it mandatory by law to hire you?

> It seems like all the pressure (behavior, fees, etc) is on the contractor side...

Welcome to the world of doing business.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Juan V Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
15 of 15

Are you 5 years old or something?

Lol, I'm trying to imagine a business that would try that, charging clients for not buying anything :-)

You would be charging the client for using the platform to post a job and then not even going through the proposals. It's a whole different thing.

Hey, why not make it mandatory by law to hire you?

Was this supposed to be a joke?

Welcome to the world of doing business.

I have been here for 8 years, but thanks.

Seems like trying to discuss something with a couple of fan boys.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS