🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Understanding Testing.... to a new person
Page options
marimind
Community Member

Understanding Testing.... to a new person

Hi. I would appreciate a little help to understand testing a little better. I am relatively new and thought to try one of the Spanish tests since I am a native Spanish speaking person. The first test I tried was the "Spanish Vocabulary Skills" and scored a 4.65. My question is wouldn't I be at "Above Average" with a score of 4.65 out of 5.0? Do I need to get a 5.0 to get an "Above Average" on UpWork? If someone would educate this newbie, it would be great. 

Thank you so much. Smiley Happy Marilyn 

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Marilyn M wrote:

Hi. I would appreciate a little help to understand testing a little better. I am relatively new and thought to try one of the Spanish tests since I am a native Spanish speaking person. The first test I tried was the "Spanish Vocabulary Skills" and scored a 4.65. My question is wouldn't I be at "Above Average" with a score of 4.65 out of 5.0? Do I need to get a 5.0 to get an "Above Average" on UpWork? If someone would educate this newbie, it would be great. 

Thank you so much. Smiley Happy Marilyn 

While 4,65 out of 5 is a good score, upwork uses a relational system, so you are only above average in comparison to all the others who took the test. You can still display that result on your profile, if you like, but I don't use any results that are not in a top range. 

Thank you for your quick reply and good to know about comparisons. Its a shame, but guess I'll need to keep taking the same tests repeatedly until I get the 5.0 so the Below Average is removed. I hope you have a lovely day and thanks again.

Marilyn

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths