🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Undiscovered profile
Page options
08dc9559
Community Member

Undiscovered profile

Hi everyone!
I am new to Upwork. I joined this August and I have applied for 14 jobs in the last 2 weeks. But my profile is not being discovered. So no invites nothing. What do I do?
6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Gideon O wrote:
Hi everyone!
I am new to Upwork. I joined this August and I have applied for 14 jobs in the last 2 weeks. But my profile is not being discovered. So no invites nothing. What do I do?

Your rate is too high for a newcomer, you ask for invitations twice in your profile. 

Profile views are coming only from searches for freelancers, not from proposals. People might have had a look at your profile without that being counted. Did you ask for an invitation in your proposal too?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have now reduced my rates to $15. Is it wrong to ask for invite (once or twice) in my profile? Also should I or should I not include it in my proposals?

Thanks again

Gideon O wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have now reduced my rates to $15. Is it wrong to ask for invite (once or twice) in my profile? Yes. It appears lazy. Also should I or should I not include it in my proposals? Not. The client already received your proposal, so no need to mention any invitation.

Thanks again

Gideon O wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have now reduced my rates to $15. Is it wrong to ask for invite (once or twice) in my profile? Also should I or should I not include it in my proposals?

Thanks again

Someone already comment you about it when you asked for a review of your profile. I would remove "Lead Researcher | Yahweh Scholars Academy" from my employment history.
You are saying that you have dedicated yourself to doing the tasks of others "that are guaranteed to score above 70% grade".
That is academic fraud and it is shameful that you brag about it.

I'm sorry about that. I have now removed it. Thanks for the feedback.
JoanneP

Hi Gideon,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths