🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Unemployment
Page options
conniemalone
Community Member

Unemployment

I receive unemployment. I have to submit jobs I have applied for to the unemployment department and they want contact information as well. Is there a phone number or email address for up work that I could list?
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Connie M wrote:
I receive unemployment. I have to submit jobs I have applied for to the unemployment department and they want contact information as well. Is there a phone number or email address for up work that I could list?

On Upwork, you are not applying for employment, you are bidding on freelancing gigs as an independent contractor on a self employed basis, which have absolutely nothing to do with employment.

You can't use bidding on freelancing gigs as proof of applying for employment.

conniemalone
Community Member

your tone is rude and you are incorrect. I can work as temporary staff,
freelance /self employed and report that to unemployment. Laws are
different in each state. Work is work even if its temporary. I think the
answer that you meant to give me is no, there is no way to contact upwork,
is this correct?

On Fri, Mar 6, 2020, 12:02 PM Connie Malone
wrote:

Hi Connie,

Upwork cannot provide freelancers a certification or proof of employment as freelancers are not employed by Upwork. However, freelancers can access a Certificate of Earnings. Check out this help article for more information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Connie M wrote:
 I think the
answer that you meant to give me is no, there is no way to contact upwork,
is this correct?

Yes, that is correct.

is there a number though? What is the phone number to headquarters in San Francisco? 

Hi Xio, 

We'd be happy to assist you here in the community if you have any questions. Please share more information, and we'll gladly assist you with it. If it involves some private information, please feel free to send me a PM. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths