cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ID verification not working. Name doesn't match.

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2091 of 3,714

Hi Michael,

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you in verifying your location. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Jeffrey Mark B Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
2092 of 3,714

I'm trying to get my account setup but when I try to verify my account it tells me the name doesn't match. I've tried to add my middle name with my first as it requests, but I believe my prefix ("Jr") is causing an issue. Is this an issue that someone else has dealt with in the past?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2093 of 3,714

@Jeffrey B wrote:

I'm trying to get my account setup but when I try to verify my account it tells me the name doesn't match. I've tried to add my middle name with my first as it requests, but I believe my prefix ("Jr") is causing an issue. Is this an issue that someone else has dealt with in the past?

Hi Jeffrey,

If the difference is a common variation (like Jeffrey / Jeff, Robert / Bob - Rob - Bobby) or something lile the "Jr" it tends to indeed initially show a miss-match but can be manually resolved without any trouble. Just get in touch with Customer Service who can review and fix this for you.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2094 of 3,714

Hi Jeffrey, 

Someone from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you regarding this issue.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Jeffrey Mark B Member Since: Aug 1, 2017
2095 of 3,714

I tried again today with putting my first and middle name in the first/middle name text box. I followed with putting my last name and suffix after my last name but it's telling me it's having a problem wiht analyzing my ID because the image doesn't match the requirements. I've verified the expectations and does meets the requirements. I've rescanned the image again and tired to no avail. Any thoughts?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2096 of 3,714

Hi Jeffrey, 

I checked and it looks like your ID has been accepted.

I'll have to check with the team regarding your last name, as it has been recently rolled out that only the initial of your last name will show up on your profile. In your case, your last name is showing, and the Jr. was truncated. I'll let you know if I receive any updates. 

-Avery
Untitled
Meghan D Member Since: Dec 9, 2018
2097 of 3,714

I'm having the same issue as above. Can you help me?

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2098 of 3,714

Hi Meghan,

Can you please confirm if the issue you encountered the name that doesn't match? Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2099 of 3,714

Hi Meghan,

I apologize for a late reply. Please click on any job in your U.S-only feed. At the top of the page, you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue. Feel free to follow up with an update or in case you need further assistance.

Barbarita G Member Since: Dec 13, 2018
2100 of 3,714
Hi I’m new in Upwork. I’m in the United States waiting for my asylum approval, meanwhile the state provided me with a valid ID that probes that I can work here (employment authorization Card) as well as a social security number. The system don’t recognize this ID, but this is till a valid ID. I would like to know if I can choose this ID to get started, I don’t have a driver license.

I attached an ID that looks like mine.

Thank you in advance,

Barbarita Gonzalez
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS