🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isaiah,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I’m having the same issue! I’ve reached the maximum amount of times I can try to verify my ID and it’s very frustrating.

Hi Elsie, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Need help verifiying my id i met the maximum number of trys
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Paige,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

can a agent please contact me.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicholas, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will get in touch with you directly to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I also need help with this.

Hi James,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Can someone help me. I attempted to put my picture ID but It wouldnt let me because it was the black and white temporary one. But when i got my actual color ID i tried to post it and it would not let me due to too many attempts and i cannot do anything u less is fixed but i dont know where to go to get it fixed.

Hi Heriberto,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket and will assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. Please help. I want to verify my location.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ariel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Goran! I am experiencing the same problem. My account was placed on hold, due to my ID authentication failing. I recently moved and have not updated the address on my license yet. Please help!

Hi Camille,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you!

Hello Goran, I have a huge challenge here on Upwork, apparently, I am unable to submit any project because my ID has not been verified, despite several attempts!, I'd be very grateful for your valuable assistance......Please see the snippet and the attached file t below!!

''You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.''

Hi Douglas,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Whole profile is fake

OP's fake profile is still up. 

Glad we still have our maps, though. 

@Melissa T wrote:

OP's fake profile is still up. 

Glad we still have our maps, though. 

I've been stalking it too. I reported it like I'm supposed to and still up.

Same with the chick buying her reviews.

Melissa, Petra and Jennifer,

Please, feel free to send any additional information about ToS violations you notice to my in a private message. I'll be happy to forward it to the team for a review.

~ Valeria
Upwork
pandoraharper
Community Member

I wish I could give kudos to everyone who recently posted in this thread on 10/10/17, including the fake guy. THIS is why we need a better system for catching **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Edit: Oops. I really did not mean to post something that was not appropriate. Sorry about that!

financemark
Community Member

Jennifer,

**Edited for Community Guidelines** never lie -- cmon now!

saundrabarlow
Community Member

Hello:

I'm having a problem with my location verification. I believe it's coming from the fact that when I originally signed up a long time ago, my address was different than my license I just uploaded. Now, I updated the address in my profile so it's correct to match my license. I'm getting a message telling me to contact customer service.

Please help!!!

Thank you,

Saundra

Hi there

I am trying to upload my passport to my account so I can verify that I am a U.S. freelancer and begin applying to U.S. only jobs.

When I try to upload it, I get a message saying that I have tried too many times and gives me a link to email customer service. When I emailed customer service with my ID I received an automatic message apologizing saying that Upwork doesnt need my services at this time. 

I am now confused because I thought I already was accepted as a freelancer by Upwork. I have been applying to jobs left and right without any issue for two weeks now. 

My question is two-fold:

1. Do I need to worry about my eligibility as a freelancer or is this just the Upwork system?

2. How do I upload my ID properly? Is there another email address? 

Thanks for the help.

Michael 

Michael, Carol and Soundra, 

We'll have support agents reach out to you directly and offer help with verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am having the same problem. I tried a couple of times uploading my drivers license. Could you please help. 

Thanks.

I Am also not eligible to verify my  location. Can I get someone to help me? 

orenteria
Community Member

Havening issues verifying my location. Ive tried multiple times customer service reset the number of times I could do it, but still nothing. I need some help. Thank you.

Hi Preston,

Our team will follow up with you soon and assist you directly.

~ Goran
Upwork

Upwork says I've used the max number of tries to verify my identity, despite attempting to upload the documents they requested. Is there any way I can call someone or manually enter the information? Otherwise, it's not letting me. Thanks.

Hi Jared,

A member of the team will reach out to you shortly to help assist with this, thanks!

~Nina
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oscar, and Anitha, 

A Customer Support Agent will get in touch with you separately to help you resolve your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
anitha_vemulkar
Community Member

I am still waiting to hear from the customer agent. I very much appreciate a quick response.

Anitha,

I checked and a support ticket was sent to you by the team already. You can find it on this page.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria,

One of the support agents reached me. I had to upload the documents and subsequently recieved an email day before yesterday saying that my account has been verified and I should be able to submit my proposals. However, whenever I tried submiting a proposal, I am still getting the same prompt to verify my location.

Thanks for your help.

77bcb448
Community Member

I had the same issue.  It seems like the best solution is to post on this thread.  Thank you for your help.

Hi Randy,

A member of our team will reach out to you shortly to further assist you with verifying your location.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anitha,

I just check this and the problem is that you have not selected Membership Plan. Go to Settings > Membership and select one of the available plans.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths