🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Goran,

Thank you for the quick response. I have selected the membership plan. I logged off and logged back in. I am still getting the sam prompt asking me to verify my location. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Anitha,

Thank you for reporting back, one of our team members will contact you directly via ticket and assist you with this.

~ Goran
Upwork
tj_esq
Community Member

I uploaded a picture of my driver's license and it wouldn't accept it/verify my ID. The information I provided in my profile matches my driver's license, so I don't understand what the problem is. Need assistance!

Hi Tara,

Sorry to hear that. A member of our team will reach out shortly to further assist you with verifying your location.

zkokaja
Community Member

I also have this problem. My pictures is a 1.3MB JPG and is not blurry. Thanks

Hi Zaid, may we know the error that you're getting? Thanks!

- Aaron
Untitled

Hi Aaron, the error message is:

We had some trouble verifying your ID

We had some trouble analyzing your ID because the image didn't match required standards.
Please try again and make sure your image is:

• a jpeg, png or bmp file
  • 30Kb - 20Mb in size
  • at least 200 dpi

I took the picture with my iPhone and it's very clear, i'm not 100% sure on the dpi

Thanks

Thanks for the update, Zaid. May I know what type of ID are you using in verifying your account?

- Aaron
Untitled

Sure, US driver's license

Thank you, Zaid. A ticket has been created regarding your concern and I'll continue to help you through that ticket. You can access the ticket through this link.

- Aaron
Untitled

They're asking me to upload a photo of my ID, and I have some questions about this. But they're so elusive about how a freelancer can even contact these people? is this whole thing just an elaborate scam? Why can't I contact whoever these people are that are running this site?

Hi Lidiya,

To contact Customer Support in order to upload your ID, you can click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you'll see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it will allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support.

However if you just have questions about this process, feel free to post them here in the community and we'll be glad to help.

~Nina

I've followed your instructions as well for resolving this, error msg says:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please "contact customer support" (in green)

it just keeps automatically linking to the community page without any ability to submit a "ticket".  I am running out of pages to search on this site to find actual customer support to resolve this ID upload verification. I am stuck.

thnx

JW

Hi John,

We have contacted the Support Team for you and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thank you.

alecia_r
Community Member

Hello I am also unable to have my location verified.. Can someone please help. Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alecia, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to help you resolve the issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
kyxap
Community Member

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

Please help, thanks!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Roman, 

An agent from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to help you resolve your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
jbdaulton
Community Member

I am also receiving this message can someone help me?

Hi Brynne,

I see you already have an existing Support ticket about this issue and the team provided further steps for verification. You can find the ticket on this page.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jonpaulzy
Community Member

I'm also having trouble verifying my location. Any help would be great, thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jon-Paul, 

A Customer Support Agent will reach out to you directly to help you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
maschicago
Community Member

I'm having the same issue

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark, 

We've notified the Customer Support Team and an agent will reach out to you directly to help you with your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alliek6
Community Member

I am getting the same message. Please help!

Allie,

We'll have one of our agents check the status of your verification and reach out to you directly to guide you through the process.

~ Valeria
Upwork
sesquipedalian
Community Member

I need help with this as well. I keep sending tickets to help center and nothing for two weeks.

Hi CM,

You haven`t created any ticket to our customer support. One of our team members will create one for you and assist you with this. 

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also receiving an error trying to verify my location. Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

xandriss_art
Community Member

Hi there. I am new here, just a few days and getting started. For many of the jobs I look through, I get this message too- "you can't submit for this job because your location is not verified". I can't find a button anywhere to start the location verification process. From the app on my phone, it's different than the pc and says that I could verify with a U.S. bank account info. I would like to do this, as my legal name and artist/work name are different. Please help me also on this.

Thanks, Xandriss!

Just saw the thing about sending a ticket to the support center.  Doing that now.  Thanks.

Hi 

You can verify your location here. Note that your Upwork profile name had to be the same as your legal name as it shows on your official documents. You can't use a nickname as a profile name on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork
johnabart
Community Member

I verified my location via the bank method and the site tells me I have verified my location, however, it still will not let me apply for jobs in the US and says I need to verify my location.

Try logout and login again. Clearing the cache.

If still you are facing the same problem, send a screenshot to the Customer service and they will assist. 

Hi John,

It shows that you have successfully completed verification of location for your account. You may proceed to apply to any US only Job postings. Please let us know if you continue to encounter any issues.

I am still having issues. Whenever I try to apply for a U. S. only job and click "submit proposal," the page just reloads and does not allow me to submit a proposal. When I try this via the mobile app it tells me I am not verified in the U.S.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John, 

I'll go ahead and check this with the team. I'll let you know if I hear back from them and will post any information I can share. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

~ Avery
Upwork
kathrynz
Community Member

I have been having this problem consistently. I already contacted UpWork once and had the verfication reset. It still does not work. I have tried different images of the same driver's liscense.  Is there any other way to do this?

Kathryn,

Could you please follow up on the ticket you had opened about this issue here and let the team know what error you are getting when uploading your ID?

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I have driver learner's license and i try to verify my identification but don't work. Plase tell me why the verification fails.

Regards Arianna

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths