🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » System rejected valid passport scan - used fo...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Bethany,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist with your location verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

The same thing happened to me. It doesn't even mention if it's a temporary or permanent hold, just that it's for the safety of the marketplace? Just because it didn't recognize my ID in the picture...

folkloc
Community Member

Me too so wat do we do

Hi Lashonda,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. Uploaded my passport photo, but it got rejected and now I seem to be stuck. Not sure who to contact or how to get help.

Hi Kyle,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
asmitak
Community Member

Hello,

My U.S. ID won't get verified due to a different format. Can a representative from Upwork help me verify it?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Asmita,

One of our team members will contact you directly and assist you further with this, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi , my US ID also won't verify due to it's vertical format. Help?!

Hi George, 

The Customer Support Team reached out to you directly via email to assist you. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello! I am having the same problem? I think it is due to the vertical format of my driver's license. Is there anything I can do differently?

Hi Dalton,

I've checked and it looks like you have successfully verified. Please reach out again if you encounter any other issues, thank you.

~Nina
e41group
Community Member

I am having the same problem... My U.S. ID won't get verified due to a different format. Can a representative from Upwork help me verify it?

Sure, Tamer. We'll reach out to you directly and assist you with the verification process. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I cannot verify my ID. I found a post earlier were it was because the ID is vertical. I have run out of chances to re-sumbit anyway. Also the email option of Get Help is grayed out.

Matthew,

We'll reach out to you directly as well and assist you with the issue.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi! I want location verification now. Please help me. Thank you!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

@George S wrote:

Hi! I want location verification now. Please help me. Thank you!

George, you just posted a copy of your driver's license on a message board. Maybe think about that and edit your post. 

Hi George,

Please, refer to the message the team just sent you about your location verification. Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I also need help with this same issue.

Brittany,

Somebody will reach out to you directly with more information and assistance.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm getting the following message when trying to upload my driver's license.

"Thank you for attempting to verify your location. Unfortunately, we could not authenticate the ID you uploaded. ..."

Can someone please help me?

Hi Theone,

One of our team members will reach out to you very shortly to help assist you with this.

~Nina

I'm also receiving the same message "Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support."

Can a customer support agent please contact me?

Thank you

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jill,

Our team will follow up with you soon and assist you directly.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I'm also receiving the same message after submitting a passport image that was denied. Can someone help me resubmit verification?

Hi Melissa,

A member of our team will reach out shortly to further assist you with verifying your location.

I'm also receiving the same error message even though I used the bank account location verification.

Hello everyone, I am hoping that someone here can help me. I wish to apply for some U.S. only jobs but I am have been unable to upload my I.D. I have attempted emailing

support@upwork.com 

twice, first almost a month ago (that message bounced back) and then most recently a week ago, but I have received no reply.

I attempted to upload my ID to Upwork's site several times, but for some reason, it unfortunately will not work and I have now been locked out. The site states that I have exceeded the "allowed upload attempts" and it directs me to contact support. I believe that I followed the guidelines including DPI, so I am not able to figure out what happened. When I would upload a picture, it would at first seem to be uploaded properly, but upon inspection, the file appeared to actually be blank or possibly corrupted. At least one time, the upload would start, but would then freeze (even though I had an excellent internet connection and I was not having trouble with any other online activity).

Can someone from Upwork please help me? I attempted to upload two different images of my ID, thinking that there was maybe something wrong with the first one, but it wouldn't take the second one, either. On my first email to Upwork, I tried to attach them in order to ask if there was something wrong with them, but the message was bounced back to me and said that the max size for a message to support is 5 MB. Is there some way that I can send a copy of my ID to Upwork so that you can review if there is something wrong with the file, please? Otherwise will you please reset my account so that I am able to try uploading again?

Thank you!

Hi Sara,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any support tickets you submitted previously from your account. I will ask one of our agents to create one for you and assist you with the verification process.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Can't verify location. Uploaded valid passport used for Visa applications and the system automatically rejected. There is no way to submit different crops or alternate IDs. There is no way to call or contact support in any way. I am dumped into this forum. Please help me. How do I contact someone at Upwork.

Hello Leon,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out you shortly.

Untitled

Hello! Can I have help verifying my US location? The system is not accepting my Florida ID. They recently changed the design of the ID, not sure if that is the problem. Thank you!

Hi Lilian,

We'll have one of our agent reach out to you and assist you with the verification process.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ivmc
Community Member

Hello,

The system keeps rejecting my driver's license and there is nothing wrong with it.

Thanks,

Greg

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Greg,

A member of the team will be reaching out to you directly to assist you.

~Nina
alisha__g
Community Member

I have been asked to identify my location. I am in the US on a work visa so I do not have the forms of ID that Upwork is looking for (US passport, US drivers license, State ID, or Green Card.) I tried uploading a picture of my visa but that did not work. How should I verify my location?

Hi Alisha,

Currently, location can be verified only using a State ID, a valid US driver's license or a US Passport. Unfortunately, a visa can't be used for verification. You can still use Upwork to submit proposals for all other job posts except for those with a U.S.-location requirement.

~Nina

@Alisha:  You write good.  I read your two articles. 

In NY you may be able to get State ID not a DL

https://www.dmv.org/ny-new-york/id-cards.php

dataget
Community Member

Hi, Can I get an agent to reach me to validate my NJ Driver's License? Or whatever document you need?

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths