🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: You have reached the Maximum Number of Tr...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chris,

Please click on any job post with a U.S. location requirement You should be able to see a link to contact the Customer Support Team on top of the job post. Once you have connected with our team one of our team members will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I submitted my verification documents for U.S. residency. However, it is not accepted despite that it is an acceptable form of verification as per UpWork. I have exceeded the number of attempts to submit the documents and need help. Could someone assist?

it says contact customer service

Hi Dani,

We've requested that one of our agents reach out to you to help with this.

~Nina

I attempted to upload my drivers license once and apparently now I am blocked from uploading again because it was rejected.  I believe it was rejected because of the format.  Otherwise I have no idea because I am a citizen living in Florida.

Hello -

I am new to upwork, am not sure if this is the right venue. I am having this same problem. I see the follow error..

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID

How do I fix this? I live in Chicago and this error prevents me from submitting proposals on US only jobs.

Please et me know if there is someplace else to ask this.

Hi Brian,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to help you with this.

~Nina

Hi Nina,

I tried uploading a low-res photo of my US ID a few times last night and woke up to this same error message. I have a new, hi-res scan of my ID that I'd like to upload, but it now says I need to contact customer support in order to unlock this feature. I can't seem to find any email or phone number anywhere on the Customer Support site to help resolve this issue. Could you please point me in the right direction? 

Thanks in advance.

Marlowe

Hi Marlowe,

Our team will contact you directly via ticket and assist you further with this. You can access your ticket section on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Received this message as well and can't do anything about it as I receive an error page after clicking "contact customer support".

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I was told I needed to verify my identity, so I uploaded a picture of my license, but it came back saying my name didn't match that on my ID (it does). Then after a couple attempts it said I wasn't uploading the right file type or size (it was a 1 MB JPEG). Now it says I've reached my ID verification limit and I have to contact help. I'm not sure where help is other than this forum. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Hi Zach,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further with verifying you ID, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yeah, I'm having the same issue as well.

Hi Seana,

Thanks for your message. May we know what issues you encountered? Is this for US location verification? Or having problems uploading your ID?

~ Jo-An

Untitled
aships
Community Member

I got the message: You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. I am having a hard time figuring out what's wrong with the photo I tried to upload... 

dataget
Community Member

Hi, can a representative please reach me to verify manually? Thank you so much

Hi Scott,

One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
gabrielaart
Community Member

Hi there! I've been working using the Upwork platform for over a year so I have already provided information regarding the id, fulfilled the necessary steps but, now, I have received like many others this message: You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.  I pressed on the customer support link, but the page does not exist, so I am looking forward to be helped to resolve this problem. Thank you! 

Hi Gabriela,

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
b_pais
Community Member

Whenever I see a job for US based freelancers, it gives me an error saying that I reached the maximum upload tries for my ID, even though I did upload my driver license's information. It gives me a link to customer support that is just a 404 error page. Is there a hold on my account I am not seeing? Thank you in advance!

Hi Beatriz,

We'll reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist with your location verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you!

chalfacre
Community Member

I attempted to upload an image of my ID for verification processing but it was rejected for unknown reasons (your site was less than specific). When attempting to re-upload a different digital image file I was told I'd made too many attempts already and I needed to contact "Customer Support", for which there is no easily accessible way to do so. How can I verify my ID so I can work with "US only" clients? Please advise.

Also, there's no listed tech support nor customer support email or chat method on your site. If your system tells us we need to contact you how are we supposed to do so?

I've attempted to upload my ID and got an error stating I reached maximum tried.  Can someone help or tell me how I can get my ID uploaded.

Thanks!

Chad, Khenda and Carrie,

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for reaching out. I've requested that one of our representatives reach out to each of you to help with uploading your ID document and completing the verification process.

~Nina
kmskala
Community Member

I've attempted to upload my ID 3 times to verify my location; however, it keeps rejecting it. Now, I get an error saying contact support, but the link redirects to an invalid page. How can I verify my U.S. residency?

tony_mazing
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm new to upwork and need some help to get my identification verified. I tried to upload my ID once and now I see the following message. 

"You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."

Any assistance to move forward will be greatly appeciated. 

Thanks!

Hello Tony,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have one of our representatives reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled
louiejvo
Community Member

Hey Guys

It was strongly suggested to me, by a coach in field, to use a psuedonym on freelance sites for numerous reasons, including branding etc.  So I began building my profile with it on Upwork...when I got the "location verify" area, I had the ID match problem...I'm not married to the psuedonym, and have no problem using my real name.... but my attempts to go back and change my pseudonym to my actual name along with verification has been met with a kind of loop...

I guess Ill try again in 24hrs?

Thanks

Hello Louie,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
d-mbagwu
Community Member

Hello!

I'm new to Upwork (as a freelancer), and I'm also having issues submitting a proposal. I tried to upload my liscence, but the site wouldn't verify neither my driver's or State ID. Now that I've apparently used up all my attempts to submit my ID, it keeps telling me to talk to Customer Support. Can you help?

Thankyou,

Didi

Hello Didi,

I'm sorry to hear that. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly to assist you. Thank you!

Untitled
readitwriteas
Community Member

I've been trying to get a copy of my license uploaded as requested by Upwork, but I keep getting a kickback error message.  I've checked the DPI, file size, type, clarity, etc. and I still can't get it to take. Is there anything else I can do?

Hi Mary,

I've requested that one of our agents reach out to you directly to help assist you in successfully getting your document uploaded.

~Nina
bhcdesign
Community Member

I keep getting this prompt for ID and location: Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

And now location is wonky.

Help!!!!!!

Hi Larry,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to help assist you with this.

~Nina

Hello, I have reached the maximum number of tries for uploading my ID and would like to talk to support. Thanks!

Hi Jacob,

A member of the team will be reaching out to you very shortly to help you with this, thank you.

~Nina
setemberh
Community Member

I am trying to add my Identity Verification and have followed all requirements (jpeg, size requirements, all four corners) but continue to receive an error that the system is having trouble confirming.  Now what can I do????????

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths