🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: You've reached the maximum number of trie...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I have encountered the "You have reached the Maximum Number of Tries for Uploading your ID" message when trying to complete the verification process. The contact customer support message leads to a broken 404 page.

Please someone help me to unlock this!! 

Hi Linda,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket.Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. How could I resolve and what is actually a problem? Thanks. 

Hi Yegor, 

I can see that the team reached out to you via email to assist you with your issue. Please reply to the same ticket thread with more information so that the team can help you troubleshoot. 

~ Avery
Upwork
dhauz1615
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I am having the same issue as well but no option is available for me to resolve this. The option to email is greyed out and I cannot select. The driver license I uploaded met your requirements? May I have this rectified please?

Hi Dennis,

Sorry to hear you about your issue. One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi I'm having issues uploading my id. Can I have my account refreshed to try again - apparently too many attempts. I'll try re-scanning and trying again. Thank you. 

Hayat,

We'll have somebody reach out to you regarding your account location verification. Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am also having this issue. I tried inputting my ID and got an error. I was not able to retry. Can someone please help?

Hi Marchal,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. Click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

please assist me as i have tried contact support they have rejected my request please reset my counter so that i can upload my id again

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

I've escalated your request to our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you further. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am a new freelancer on upwork and i was asked to verify my location to bid for US projects. I put in my drivers license for it but i received an email saying that location verification failed and my account is on hold. I don't know what's happening there. Someone please help me. Thanks

Hi Ryan,

We'll have somebody reach out to you directly and address your location verification question.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I have stuck with the "You have reached the Maximum Number of Tries for Uploading your ID" message when trying to complete the verification process. The contact customer support link leads to a broken 404 page.

Thank you for any help!

Hi Anna,

Sorry to hear you're having issues in uploading your ID. One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello,

I'm having the same issue. Too many tries. Please help 

Thanks

Hi Luis,

One of our team members will reach out to help you wish this very shortly.

~Nina

Hi, 

I am also having this problem. I took multiple photos of my license and none of them worked. Please help me out!

Still have this problem. Upwork is not helpful at all. I wouldn't even bother at this point. They're going to lock your account unless you jump through 8 hoops.

Hello Kevin and Ygorsunny,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I have escalated your concerns. I'll ask my team to reach out to you to assist you. Thank you!

Untitled

I cant upload my ID it says ive reache the maximum number of tries. It also will not allow me to email support, only allows me to come to the community. I cant apply for jobs without my ID verification so I cant really do anything

Hi Travis,

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly and will assist you on your concern. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I needed to upload a picture of my drivers license to verify my location.  I did this and it, for some reason, could not verify that my drivers license was really mine.  I then received an email that my account has been placed on hold.  There was no follow up information for me.  I have no idea what to do next and I have no idea how long the hold will last.  I have a legitimate drivers license from the state of California so this is a mistake on Upwork's end.  I can't find any customer service on the Upwork website. 

I need this hold reversed immediately so I can start applying for jobs.

Thank you.

Kevin

I recieved this error after uploading my ID one time You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. How could I resolve this problem? 

Hi Michael, Ryan and Kevin,

One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I have not recieved anything to help solve this issue yet.

Hi Michael,

I apologize for the delay. I'll follow up with the team and you should hear from someone very shortly.

~Nina
kgavi
Community Member

Hi all.  I am attempting to sign up so far I am encountering a number of issues.  Currently it will not let me upload my ID to submit a proposal and has locked me out.  I have opened a ticket with customer service.  I am not super impressed with the navigation, instructions, or the ability to reach out for support.  Does it get better?  Any idea how long it is going to take to get this going?  Is it worth this time on the front end?  

Hello all, does anyone know how to contact customer support? I'm not sure how to upload my ID & at the top of my screen when I look for jobs I keep getting this message

"You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."

Hello,

I am Pranav Chirole living in Duluth, GA. I just created my new account here on upwork and was asked to verify my location. I put my DL for verification and it was said that the name on my id and my profile name did not match. I checked it several times but couldn't find out what was wrong with it. Now, i reached the maximum tries for location verification and can't try more now.

Please take a look into my account and help me.

Thanks,

Pranav Shirole

Hi Pranav,

One from our team will get in touch with you to assist you with the process. Thank you.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading my ID, how do I try again?

Hi Melody, Someone from the team will reach out to assist you. Thanks!

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am encountering the same issue - my ID is not being read/ processed. Please help.
Yurimar Osorio

Hi Yurimar,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I took 3 different pictures of my id and everytime the ai   didn't recognize it. Help I want to bid on a project that is going to go fast and I'm stuck!!

Hi Chase,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket. Thanks

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi

Today, I tried to upload my driver's license (attached) for location verification, but system said "It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.
Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport."

How can I solve this problem?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Oh gosh, you attached your drivers license picture and info for the world to see. Now fraudulent client's don't even need to offter you a fake job to get your info. You should remove it.

If I remember correctly, I think the same happen to me. I think I resolved it by sending a clearer pic of my license.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths