🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I can't upload my id, it wouldn't read th...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
cmanzopiscopo
Community Member

I exceeded amount of times to upload my ID for a proposal, help.

Hi Cindy,

One of our team members will reach out to you very shortly to help assist you with completing the verification process.

~Nina
alicia-lu
Community Member

Hi, I couldn't complete identity verification because too many tries! Each time there was some error, even though my photos matched the criteria.

It's telling me that the upload of my IDs failed and that I need to contact customer support, but there is no relevant post in the help section and no actual support...?

Hi Myles,

We'll have our team follow up with you shortly and assist you with verifying your location.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
jared23
Community Member

Hello, I uploaded my Colorado drivers license for verification but was told it was rejected and that I have exceeded the maximum number of attempts (I only tried once). Now I cannot continue the registration process. I have completed over 300 projects on Freelancer.com but have not been impressed with their customer service of late so am looking for a new Freelance site to work with. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

tatismith
Community Member

It wouldn't let me upload my ID at all and now I'm locked out.  There is no way for me to contact support and "Ask Community" is the only "solution" I was offered.  I'm very sad about this because I see careers available here that aren't available elsewhere. Please help me 😞

Alicia, Jared and Tatiana,

So sorry that you guys are having trouble getting your ID's uploaded, we'll have an agent reach out to each of you to help assist in resolving this issue. Thank you for your patience.

~Nina

I'm still having issues BUT an agent reached out to me within minutes to assist me. Now that's beautiful 🙂 Thank you

lomb
Community Member

I can't upload my id, tried like 3-4 times via mobile phone with a good ID picture i thought, didn't recognize it and now today it says I've exceeded trying limit and need to contact support.  Go to support site and their is no contacting support, no option to email, not phone, not chat.  So what?

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Dustin,

I can see that you have successfully been verified today. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

~Nina
yjgoon
Community Member

Hi, I tried to upload my docs to verify my location, but they weren't accepted...I can't get through to any form of support for this issue.

irinakoen
Community Member

Hi! 

Cannot upload my ID (driver license), its not blurry, it has 4 sides around.

Hi Irina,

I've checked your account and can see that currently ID verification is not required for your account. Are you seeing a message that is asking you to upload your ID?

~Nina
christinaisteel
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork!  While trying to upload my ID a few times, it was unsuccessful and now I'm locked-out and haven't received any response from Customer Support. Any ideas?

Hi Ginny and Christina,

We've requested an agent reach out to both of you to help assist you further with resolving the ID issue so that you can start submitting proposals.

~Nina
g_teel
Community Member

I have a very clear scanned image and it isn't being verified.  What can I do?

Ginny,

Did you receive any errors when you uploaded your ID and submitted it for verification?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes, it said that my image isn't clear and I was not able to upload a better version again. 

uwjen1962
Community Member

Tried to upload ID for US location verification. I was denied on several attempts. Now it says I am out of tries and the help page will not allow me to submit a support ticket. How can I upload the information needed?

Same thing happened to me as well. Standing by for answers.

Hi Christina,

I've already responded to you, you should have by now received an email from one of our agents who is reaching out to help resolve this issue. You can also access the ticket from the agent here. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~Nina

Hi Janelle,

A team member will be reaching out very shortly to assist you with this, thank you!

~Nina

Hi Nina, I am getting the same issue.  I have tried to upload my ID multiple times and it did not work, and now I cannot try again.  I have used the exact same ID scan to verify my identity on financial websites.  Can someone please look into this for me? 

Hi Nick,

I'll have one of our agents reach out to help you with this, thanks!

~Nina

having the same problem with regards to ID Submission problems.

Hi Lennard,

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further on verifying your account. 

Hello Mary,

I have logged into my profile, and I am unable to confirm my identity however, I only remember trying to do this once. I have followed the contact support steps, but I have reached a dead end. Is there someone who can assist me with this please and quickly?

Jennifer 

Hi Jennifer,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue can you have someone contact me?

Hi Daniel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
karan_lamba
Community Member

I was unsuccessful if uploading my ID documents. Now I am seeing this when I look for work. "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."

How can I fix this?

same problem here, the instructions are to take a clear picture, which I did and after several attempts and a message: Max number of tries for uploading your ID, the link to contact customer support is useless. 

Hi Karan and Konstantin,

I've requested that the support team reach out to both of you directly via an email ticket to further assist you in uploading your ID document, you should be hearing from an agent very shortly about this, thank you.

~Nina

I am also having this exact problem.  I took a clear photo which met all the listed requirements, yet all my ID submissions were rejected, and now I am told to contact support with a link that's broken.  Can you please put me in contact with someone who can help to verify my address?  I can't wait to get to work!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to know you're having trouble verifying your ID, Christopher, and Jose Joaquin.

Please click on a job with a U.S. location requirement, and click on the link to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there so that they can help you resolve your issue. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery, thanks for your hint.

I tried it, but there was no "Submit" button. How can I go ahead?

Here is my screenshot.

upwork-help.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ray, 

I'll share your account information with the team so that they can assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am also locked out being able to upload my ID after trying valid pictures. 

Can someone please help me too?

Hi Howard,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to assist you directly via email. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths