🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Why Can't I Contact Upwork?
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed, I have reason to think that it's because the address I put on my account is a different one because of a recent move. Is there a way to fix this? Please help!

Hi Freedom,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist.

~Nina

OK now it it is fixed. CAN I PLEASE STOP GETTING 10-20 EMAILS A DAY? HOW DO I STOP GETTING EMIAL NOTIFICATIONS FROM THIS THREAD?? PLEASE HELP

Upwork is not happy with me. It did not enjoy my webcam submitted Driver's License, and now I am unable to submit anything further. I was directed to customer service, but I could not find anything about resetting my attempts. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Sam,

We'll have someone reach out to you for further assistance with your ID.

~Nina

Hello everyone, I am having trouble verifying my ID. I've uploaded a picture of my ID several times, I even tried to upload a pic taken on two different devices, but the system keeps rejecting the pics. So I would like a moderator help me out, please have someone from customer service contact me so I can verify my identity.

"Dreams do come true."
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abraham,

I'll ask a member of the Customer Support Team to reach out to you and assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I uploaded my Drivers L. but it wouldnt go through, now it says i must contact customer support before submitting a proposal, but instead I'm directed to this... Please help how should I proceed.

Hi Amr, 

I've asked the Customer Support Team to reach out to you to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
leyta
Community Member

Hi, Im very frustrated and confused. I can apply to some job listings but on others i have a message that says ‘You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support’ Why is this happening? Even when i tried to vericate my id it would not read it. Please actually help me instead of sending an automated email.

Hi Leyta,

Sorry to hear of the trouble you had. Someone from our team has responded to your ticket to assist you further. Please check and follow the steps that the team member sent you. You can access your ticket here. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
aaqnq
Community Member

unable to upload id copy  for proposal submit

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashfaqali, 

The Customer Support Team will follow up with you directly. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery i am having the same issue is there any way you may look into this for me? 

thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tyran, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same issue as others- my ID cannot be verified, ergo account is frozen. Please help!

Hi Abby,

We will have one of our agents reach out to you directly to help you with this.

~Nina

Hi. I see following message when I bid on project.

Thank you for completing the Upwork ID Verification upload. Please allow 3-4 business days for your ID Verification to be completed.

But I waited for a month already.

Hope your help.

Thanks.

Hi Jameel,

A member of the team will get in touch with you directly with more information about your account, thanks!

~Nina

Hello, My ID cannot be verified, and now I have exceeded maximum upload attempts. Can you help me with this?

Hello Lenn,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

Untitled

Hello,

I'. having problems with the identity verification process, I can't upload pictures.

This is the message I'm getting,

You've reached the maximum allowable tries

You’ve reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID.
Please contact customer support.

Hi Maria,

Our team will notify you once you can resubmit your ID so please keep checking for new updates and feel free to respond to their message if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I have the same problem also, You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. How can I upload my new ID?

Hello Jeansy,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I've tried submitting my driver's license for ID verification as Upwork asked and it's been denied. I've been told to contact support. Can somebody help?

Hello Erin,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I have been attempting to upload my ID to complete the location verification step.  After many attempts, the pic will not upload despite meeting the specs detailed in the guidelines.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kaiya, and Daven, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you both separately to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

I've tried to verify my identity with my license multiple time with my drivers liscence and now im locked out.

Hi Cedric, 

I have requested the Customer Support Team to reach out to you to help you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

My Drive License is a temporary driving permit, I am waiting for the permanent to arrive by mail, how should I check my location? I need this to send proposals.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Devanil,

You may upload your state ID, US passport or your green card to verify your location. Thank you.

Untitled

Your system wouldn't allow me to upload my ID verification file. What do I do to get verified?

Hi Bryce,

One of our agents has reached out to you directly via an email ticket to help assist you with this.

~Nina

Your "floating help button" does not display for me, or many other people it would seem. Please help, I need to verify my identity and it says I've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading my ID. I can't understand why it didn't accept the photo I uploaded. 

Hi Karl,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you to assist you with verifying your ID and will also look into your support options.

~Nina

Hello, Ryan. 

I am having the same issue with a "maximum number of attempts" when validating my ID via mobile. 

Can you have a member of the customer support team reach out to me so that I can resolve and submit proposals? 

Best regards, 

Morgan 

Hi Morgan,

I've also requested that one of our team members reach out to you to help with this.

~Nina

My passport is what I use as my ID, however I am awaiting my new one in the mail (I renewed it a few weeks ago). I have my old passport, which expired in Sept. 2016, but I also have mail and correspondence with my name and address to verify. Can I still upload them for location verification?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths