🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID Verify
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Elizabeth,

While a utility bill is part of the documentation used to verify identity, your ID must be currently valid and not expired.

~Nina

Guys... I've seen a few things I'd like to persue... My ID and, Name do not match. My name is Dennis Edward... But, my ID reads, Jefferson Dennis... I placed my middle name on my profile but, it still doesn't match. Should I reverse my names?

Hello Dennis,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

It says i have too many contact IDs I have no idea what that is and I just signed up for 96 

Hello Elaine,

I just checked your account and I could see that you have reached the maximum attempts of uploading your IDs. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you to assist you. Thank you.

Untitled

Please help. There's a message that says "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." But the link just takes me to the FAQ area.

Thanks.

Hello Rachel,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Upwork has notfied me that I have exceeded the amount of times I can upload my identification.  

Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Hello Vinod,

I'll have one of our representatives reach out to you shortly to assist you with your concern. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello,

I have the message below and as a result I'm unable to apply for US only jobs. 

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 4.32.53 PM.png

Hi Geneva, 

One of our team members will be in touch to assist you with your concern.

Thanks

Ryan

Untitled

Hi I joined yesterday and the jpeg file that i used to upload my ID was rejected. and since i'm new I cant start accepting projects. I tried a PNG of the same ID but it said that I tried too many times.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Robert,

One of our representatives will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello, I am receiving an error message when I try to upload my ID. It says, "Your request could not be processed. Contact Support." Can someone help me with this? My ID file meets all the proper requirements.

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Kaylee,

Untitled

I am having the same issue and was unable to find help.

Hello Cody,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you!

Untitled

ah thank you, much appreciated 

For some reason my ID will not upload and I have maxed out of my tries. 

Hello Jasmine,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hey, 

I am experincing the same situation. I only uploaded once, and the system said I have maxed out my attempts. 

Could you please help me with this?

Hello Tong,

I have escalated your concern. Our support team will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I have tried several times to upload my ID and it has not been approved.  Now it's telling me that I have reached my maximum number of attempts and I need to contact customer support.  When I try to click on the link for customer support, the page is not found, and the option to email support through the help center is not clickable.  I would really like to resolve this issue so I can begin working.  What can I do? 

Thanks. 

Hi Alicia,

One of our team members will be in touch with you regarding this matter.

Thank you

Untitled

Im am also having the alsame issue. Please help

Hi John,

We've asked a member of the team to reach out to you directly to help you with this. You should be hearing from them very shortly via an email ticket.

~Nina

Me too Igot this message :You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID.

I havent got a answerd to my question

Hello Gustavo,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. Our support team will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I have the same issue. Please make getting actual help from an Upwork team member easier.

Hi Kathleen,

I hear ya, and we're actually working on making it easier to contact a support agent directly when you encounter an error upon uploading your ID and hope to have this improved very soon. In the mean time, I've asked one of our agents to reach out to you to help.

~Nina

I was trying to upload my ID and it locked me out. I gave up on it for a bit and left for my trip to New York, where i am now. I just realised i forgot my wallet at home. I don't have my ID or any form of material identification, what do i do and is there any way for me to get my account? I desperately need the money.
petra_r
Community Member

Adrian M wrote:
I was trying to upload my ID and it locked me out. I gave up on it for a bit and left for my trip to New York, where i am now. I just realised i forgot my wallet at home. I don't have my ID or any form of material identification, what do i do and is there any way for me to get my account? I desperately need the money.

So somehow you joined Upwork from California today but somehow managed to get to New York the same day without a wallet or any ID.

Quite an achievement!

Hi Adrian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you and assist you with your location verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi, 

I need to verify my ID to submit for a job. But, whenever I upload my documents, this shows up "your request could not be processed. Please contact support".

I need your help please!

Hello Nour,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you to assist you. Thank you.

Untitled

Thank you!

I recently signed up for upwork via the iPhone app and tried several times to upload my Passport photo. Apparently Upwork didn't like the quality of the photo though. Now I am receiving a message saying "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." Is there some way to make this upload option available again?

Hi Alex, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I attempted to upload my state ID, but I realized that the system wasn't accepting the format because it was cropped. Finally, I retook the photo of my ID and now it says that I've reached the maximum number of attempts and have to contact support. But instead of sending me to a support number, it just keeps sending me to support article and the community. How am I supposed to resolve this issue if I can't even contact support? Cat Mad

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths