🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Just joined but ID did not get verified, ...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
kgoodson
Community Member

I have submitted several requests and have yet to hear back from Upwork. I've attempted to verify my identity several times with my drivers licenses on several occasions and recieved a message that my DL and my upwork name don't match, when they are indeed the EXACT same name, same spelling etc.  

Hello. I am having this exact problem. Can someone help. How do we receive help?

Geneva & Kayla,

A member of the team will reach out to both of you to help resolve your issue with uploading your IDs.

~Nina
bweedop
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue as the original poster. I submitted my ID and it was rejected.

Thanks, 

Bodie

brandon0831
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Can someone help me confirm identity? 

Hi Brandon, and Bodie, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you both separately to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
krithiganirmal_1
Community Member

Hi,

My ID verification reached maximum number of tries and requested to reach customer support. Can someone please advise how to reach customer support and get this ID verification issue resolved. 

Thanks

marialedesma10
Community Member

It says that I have reached my maximum number of tries for uploading my ID and that I need to contact customer support but I do not see any information for contacting them nor do I know how to reset it to upload again. Suggestions? 

Peter, Krithiga and Maria

Sorry that you're having trouble uploading your IDs, I've requested that someone from the team reach out to assist each of you with completing the ID verification and you should be hearing from them very shortly.

~Nina
manistech
Community Member

Receiving error uploading license to verify identity. Prompt says to make sure name matches, I have updated the name to match, but still provides an error. Name on license has last name first, followed by first name and middle name. Ive updated the text fields to reflect all names, but it still won't validate. 

We had some trouble verifying your ID

The name on your ID doesn’t match the name on your Upwork account.
Go back and edit the name on your account so it matches your ID.

jeff_rasmussen
Community Member

I was told that I had too many tries to upload my ID.  Now what?  "Help" was of no help.

Hi Jeff & Stephanie,

I've requested that a team member provide assistance for you both to help complete the ID verification and someone will be in touch with your shortly to help with this, thanks!

~Nina

I am also experiencing this issue after attempting to use a temporary ID and my passport. 

Hello Javier,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
ajinkyathorve
Community Member

I recently joined Upwork. I tried to upload a copy of my US driver license, but it was not accpeted and I got the following message:

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

However, there seems to be no way to contact customer support, except posting in the community. Due to the hold on my account, I'm unable to submit proposals. Hopefully someone from customer support sees this and reaches out to me.

Thanks.

Hi Ajinkya,

Sorry to hear you ran into verification process. One of our team member will reach out to you directly through ticket.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
josh-carvajal
Community Member

Hello anyone know how to resolve this annoting issue? When I try to apply to US only jobs i see this on the employers listing "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." 

I have tried to reach customer service and they have not responed. when I intiially tried to upload a photo of my ID the image wouldnt load and so now I apparently have been locked out of uploading my ID.

Thanks in advanced I am new here and Im excited to begin just need to sort this out.

Josh

demuesy-jake
Community Member

Hello! I have just been locked out of submitting proposals to clients as I have failed submitting my valid ID (I accidentally used my older ID and then I tried to use my updated ID but it wasn't recognized). If someone could please help me get verified I would really appreciate it!

Hi Joshua and Jake,

One of our team member will reach out to you directly through ticket.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
hiredweapon
Community Member

I got this error message when trying to apply for a job.

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

Seems THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. So, how do I fix this?

carbajal
Community Member

Tells me I tried to many times to upload a ID and having issues doing anyhting on Freelancer.. How do I solve this issue? Tells me to contact customer servie.

Hi Michele and Simone,

One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi, 

I am having the same issue having maxed out the number of tries for ID verification. Customer service is not responding either! Can you help me with this?

Best,

Qurrat

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Qurrat Ul Ain, 

It looks like you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. I'll follow it up with the team so that they can get back to you on your follow up question. Please expect an update on the same ticket thread so that you can be assisted further.

~ Avery
Upwork
d567ed3b
Community Member

I've tried at least twice with no success. If someone could help me, that'd be great. Thanks!

akomandu
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with being unable to verify my location as well after uploading my ID twice. Could some one help me with this?

Thanks!

Abi,

We'll have an agent reach out to you as well regarding your account's location verification.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mahelghamrawy89
Community Member

where i can upload my files or email for that verification

Hi Mahmoud,

One of our support agents will reach out to you directly with more information about location verification.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I also need help reuploading my ID.

lindsay_nunez
Community Member

To submit a proposal, I tried to upload my ID for verification with no success. I got the alert "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID". Is there another way to upload my ID?

m_mannari
Community Member

Hello, 

I am also having the same problem. Can someone reach out and help me with this issue. 

Thanks, 

Mao 

Hello, I'm having the same problem: "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID." I'm not sure what the problem is but I would really like to get my ID submitted so I can start applying for jobs. Can someone please help me?? 

Hi Mao,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you to help assist with this.

~Nina

Hi Nina,

Can someone please reach out to me as well? I'm having the same issue.

Hi Lindsay,

Yes, I have requested that one of our agents get in touch with you and you should be hearing from them very shortly via an email ticket.

~Nina
melissanmaracle
Community Member

Hello,

I just started my profile with UpWork, and I also received the same message that my ID couldn't be authenticated, but with no way to appeal or ask for a second try. Can someone from UpWork please help me with this issue? 

Melissa

Hello Melissa,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Team, 

I have the same issue.  It will be great if someone can contact me.  Thanks.

Hello Badrul,

One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly to assist you. Thank you.

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths