🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Location Verification Failed
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

I have the same issue. I have contacted support twice and haven’t received any response. It’s been a week.

Hi Rickin and Karen,

We'll have support tickets created for you and assist you with your verification process directly. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am trying to verify my ID however it says I have reached the maximum number of tries and it was unable to verify my ID. I see I need to submit a ticket but cant seem to find how to.

Thank you

Hi Cassandra,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Goran, I too need help with this topic. I "have reached my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID" and I can't find a place to contact anyone about this. 

I also have reached my maximum number of attempts to upload my ID.

Hello Kati,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

the same has happened to me

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Judy, 

You may directly file a ticket with our Customer Support Team by looking for a job with U.S. location requirement, and clicking on the link to contact the Customer Support Team. Let us know if you'll need further assistance. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes! I am getting the same messege! and I am unable to submit proprosals.

please help.

Goran, I too need help with this topic. I "have reach my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID".

Hello Deana and Cristina,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concerns. One of our representatives will reach out to you both shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
mccvang
Community Member

I am dealing with this same situation. Please reach out to help. I would love to have my proposals submitted. Thank you!

Hi Ryan,

I have the same problem. I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Connie, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with verifying your ID.

~ Avery
Upwork

I also need assistance with this please.  Thanks!

Same here.

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

Customer support has a url link which sends me to the Help Center, where I find zero ways to contact customer support.  Help please, I am only interested in jobs that are only for US applicants.

Thank you,

Kari

Kari,

We'lll also have one of our team members reach out to you to help you complete the location verification.

~Nina

I tried, unsuccessfully, to upload my drivers license. Finally got a clear copy, but it tells me I have exceeded the number of attempts. I cannot submit any proposals until it is uploaded. Can you please advise me how to reset?

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the my state liquor ID once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

I am having the exact same problem with no clear path to contact someone to resolve it. My ID has not been accepted after too many tries. The customer service option is invisible.

Sue Weinstock

Hi Sue,

I have asked one of our team members to reach out to you also to help with completing the verification process, thank you.

~Nina

Me too. Verify location isn't working. I thought I had verified location, but I can't apply for US jobs, though I had scanned my ID and it was approved a week ago? Can someone contact me?

I received the same message when trying to verify my identity.

I am also having this issue. Will this automatically prompt an agent to contact me? 

Hi Nicole,

We'll go ahead and have one of our agents reach out to you directly to help.

~Nina

Hello I need the link so that an Upwork agent can verify my ID because your automated system has rejected my uploaded ID 4 times. I even had to have an Upwork agent reset my failed attempts so that I can try again. I don't want to surpass the limit this time cause it would slow things down on my location verification. Please help, thanks.

"Dreams do come true."

Hi Abraham,

Typically the agent who reaches out to reset your verification attempts, also includes a new link to upload your ID. Please check your most recent ticket for the link, and if you don't see it there then reach back out and we'll have an agent send you a new link.

~Nina

I just found a message "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." As I understand my ID hasn't been uploaded and I'm not able to work. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to upload my ID. Could you please help me with it.

Hi Maksim,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to help assist you with the verification.

~Nina

I found some other inquiries regarding location not being able to verified by others, but have not found a solution. I went through and tried to 'contact customer support' and I sent me to this 'Community Discussion' post location. I have tried uploading both a passport and driver's license for location verification and both have been 'rejected' or found 'not eligible to verify your location'. 

Any tips to get this resolved? Thank you so much,

Hello Marybeth,

We have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly.

Untitled

Hello,
I am having the same issue. I am not able to verify my location. I have tried several times, but I am no longer eligible to verify it because of several attempts. Can you please help me verify the location?
Thank you,
Nirali S.

Hi Nirali,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you with verifying your location.

Hello Lanie,

Thank You for the quick response. I need to send the proposal and its not letting me do so, as my location is not verified.

Can you give an estimated time? when will the customer support contact me?

- Nirali

Hi Nirali, 

I checked your account and can see that the Customer Support team has reached out to you last Sunday, 8-October. Could you please check your email, or your My Requests on this page to access the ticket the team has sent you.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi I have a similar issue as it says that max limit to upload the document is reached contact customer support. Request you to please help.

Hi Arpita,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you to help you complete the ID verification.

~Nina

I need the same assistance.  I can't seem to verify my location in your system.  And I don't understand how to actually contact support.  I keep only getting the option for community.

Hi Cindy,

I've requested that one of our agents reach out to you to help with the verification completion.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths