🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: We were unable to authenticate your ID
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Kyle,

Sorry to hear you're having verification issues. One of our team member will reach out to you directly through ticket. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am having the same issue. I am not sure why my ID picture is not being accepted.

I am having the same issue. Uploaded a valid California driver's license and everything is clear and visible, but yet your system was not able to verify it. Please help.

Hi Kalila,

Please go ahead and click on the question mark to the right of the 'Find Jobs' search box, and then click on Help & Support. You'll then be able to click the green "Get Help" button towards the bottom of the page which will allow you to create a support ticket so that the team can assist you with completing the verification.

~Nina

Hello I’m gettinf the same error "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."

Hello Tamara,

I just checked your account and I could see that you already have a ticket regarding this issue. I will make a follow up on your ticket so our team can assist you. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello,

I am having the same issue. It keeps telling me that my name doesn't match my ID.

Adrienne,

I see that you've already submitted a support request with our team about your location verification. One of our agents will get back to you shortly via that same support ticket and assist with verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I am having the same problem also. 

Hi Catherine,

Please refer to the details our team shared on your tickets, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

SAME HERE

Hi Jason,

Please follow the instruction and the hyperlink showing on your end and you will be able to resolve this. If you need any help from us(moderators) let us know. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Nina,

I am also unable to verify my U.S. identification.  I've submitted my driver's license in several different ways, all of which met the file type, file size and resolution requirements, and every time I get a message that it couldn't be done.  I can't find any way to contact Upwork other than through this forum.  I can e-mail you a copy of my ID if that helps.  Really need to get this resolved.  I had a rare day clear today to get started applying for work on here and now the whole day has gone to waste.  Please help.

-Greg

I am having the same issue, can't get to the link where I can send my photo ID. I don't see the email ID either where I can send my request.

Hello, I also need this kind of help. I have failed 3 times to verify myt ID card.

I wish you to help this as soon as possible.

Best.

I have had the multiple attempts pop up trying to verify my ID. How do I get this taken care of? I have looked for that verfiy tab and I do NOT see it anywhere. 

Can an agent reach out to me to help with the same issue? 

I am no longer able to submit my ID for verification and need help getting it set up. Please have someone contact me so I can get my ID verified. Thank you.

I have the same problem!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

HI Lynn, and Yulia, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with verifying your location. I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience on your end. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Nina, Can someone help me as well?  I am having the same issue for two days.

Thanks-

Sonja

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sonja,

I checked and it looks like our team has already reached out to you regarding your concern. Please check this support ticket and follow the steps provided to complete the verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Nina,

I also have this problem - "have reach my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID".

Can you please help me?

Hi Kenneth,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi- I’m having the same problem. It will not accept my ID. My account was recently reactivated and my name on my id is now different from my account name.

Hi Amy, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Also in the same boat as these guys...I need help with upload my I.D. verfication after several of failed tries. Thank you.

I have same problem. Id verification; too many attempts so account on hold.  Can someone from customer service please help ! 

Hi Jennifer, 

The Customer Support Team will assist you with verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork
alexciar
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I have the same issues with verifying my location and I've run out of attempts.

Hi Alexcia and Luke,

One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am having the same issue - it is telling me my ID is not a valid format, but I am submitting my state-issued driver's license from SC. Help!

Maggie & Jonathan,

One of the team members will reach out to each of you to assist with the verification issues you are experiencing. Thanks!

~Nina

Ive had the same issue. I tried uploading my id to verify my location. Now i am all out of attempts. Can someone help me verify my location?

zgannon
Community Member

I also have this problem, can I get help to fix this?

Hi Zachary,

Our Customer Support Team will reach out to you and assist you with your verification. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Same with me.  Can I get an agent to contact me?

Hello David,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Hello,

I have the same exact issue. I keep getting the below message. Please help.

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support.

I tried to upload my US passport a few times, but no success. Now I have a message saying I need to contact support. Please help

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths