🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hello,

I'm trying to upload the documents, but I do not have a bill or a bank statement or any of the other requested documents for my current address, as all of the bills are in my partner's name and my bank statements get sent to my parent's address in Michigan. I have a scan of my lease, but it was issued in August. It clearly states on my lease that it is in effect until August 2018-- why can't this be acceptable?

I also have a credit report with my address on it, issued in January 2018.

I'm frustrated and I'd really like to start working via Upwork, but it's seeming impossible and upsetting. Any help on getting this going would be appreciated-- I can even send in a bill with my partner's name on it, since his name is also clearly on the lease.

I'va already communicated with customer service via email, and they just replied with the generic form answer-- it feels like my concerns are being ignored. 😞

Please let me know, thanks.

Hello Danielle,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Dear moderators,

I tried to verify my US location via my green card, but the attempts keep failing.

Please help.

Best regards,

Suman

jniravel
Community Member

I cannot verify my location. Please help me verifying my location.

petra_r
Community Member

@Jayon J wrote:

I cannot verify my location. Please help me verifying my location.

If you are in the US on a student visa you most likely can't work on Upwork anyway.

Hi Jayon,

You can use one of this documents to verify your location: US drivers licence and passport or a green card. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I have indian passport, indian driving license and US Visa. Which one should I use?

Hi Jayon,

To verify location, the accepted documents are a U.S driver's license, State ID card, U.S Passport or Green Card, so it would have to be one of those documents. Unfortunately you would not be able to use the documents you've listed to verify U.S Location.

~Nina

Hi Nina

I havent been able to verify the location via green card. Please help.

Hello Suman,

Have you tried following the instructions Nina just posted? If you are still having some trouble creating a ticket through the link. Please reply to this thread. Thank you!

Untitled

Hi, I hit the maximum times i'm allowed to attempt to verify my location. I didnt scan my license thinking it was a good photo but I think scanning is nessecary. I've been told to contact support but it keeps leading me here. Any suggestions on what I can do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amanda, 

The Customer Support Team has reset your location verification attempts. You should be able to try submitting your documents again. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Ryan, Yes  I followed the instructions. I tried posting my Green card's picture. Please help.

Hi Suman,

Sorry for the trouble. Someone from the team will reach out to assist you. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Can I use TVDL (Temporary Vehicle Driving Licence) of Illinois?
I can apply for that and upload.

Hi Jayon,

We do not accept any temporary documents. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
p_shirole
Community Member

Hello,

I created new account on upwork last week and asked to verify my location. I tried to do that using my driver license but failed. It was said that the name on my id and my profile name did not match but actually the names were the same. 

Now, i can't even try more becuase i am reached the maximum try limit. I asked about this to the community and received the email from the community that there was a reply to my post but i can't find my topic and reply here. 

Someone please help me.

Thanks,

Pranav Shirole

Hi Pranav,

A member of the team has reset your verification attempts, and you should now be able to again attempt to upload your ID when you log into Upwork. Regarding your previous post in the Community, you can find it among the most recent posts in this thread, to which another moderator has responded to you.

~Nina

Thanks for your support, Nina.

Howevery, i am still in doubt if i can verify my id this time because i don't understand the reason why i failed for the last attempts. It was said that the names were not matching and i checked it several times. Please help me how to solve this.

Thanks

Thanks for your support, Nina.

Howevery, i am still in doubt if i can verify my id this time because i don't understand the reason why i failed for the last attempts. It was said that the names were not matching and i checked it several times. Please help me how to solve this.

Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pranav, 

It looks like the team reached out to you the other day about your location verification. I wanted to check if you are still having issues?

~ Avery
Upwork
yjgoon
Community Member

I'm having trouble verifying my location as well. It keeps failing when I have a good photo.

Hi Ygorsunny,

Please follow the instructions I posted previously on this page, which outline how to get in touch with customer support so they can assist with the failed verifiction. Thanks!

~Nina

Hello I am also getting the same error"You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support. “

Reached maximum tries as well - No idea why its not accepting my ID

Hello Highway,

Have you tried sending a ticket to our support team by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error message displayed? If you are still having some trouble sending a ticket, please let us know by replying to this post. Thank you!

Untitled

I am also having this same issue. It is my first time trying to verify my ID and I checked to make sure it is in the correct format, but no luck unfortunately.

Hi Renee,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
austinlavalley
Community Member

I also am having some troubles with verifying my ID. I am not running out of attempts, it just simply states that it is an unsupported card, although it is a normal US Driver's License. 

Hello Austin,

Could you please try to create a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error displayed? If you are not able to create a ticket, please reply to this thread. Thanks!

Untitled
aduminski
Community Member

Hi,

I am having the same issue.  I have tried submitting my drivers license several times and it has failed.

I would appreciate it if someone could contact me to resolve this issue.

Hi Ann,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I got a notice that I have attempted to upload my ID too many times.

Hello Amanda,

Have you tried following the instructions Valeria K. posted below? If you are still having some trouble sending us a ticket, please respond to this thread. Thank you!

Untitled

Hey Ryan! I don't see anything posted below. I could be missing something, though!

Hi Amanda,

Please click on a US-only job in your job feed and at the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support. If you go ahead and click the green link, it will allow you to create a ticket directly to the team so that they can help you resolve your ID verification issue. Thank you!

Untitled

Hello,

I am trying to upload image of my california state id but it is not being accepted. Please help.

Thanks.

Hi Dev,

Kindly please follow the directions in my previous post to resolve your issue, thanks!

~Nina

Hi Nina,

Thanks for the response but which post are you referring to? I scrolled through the replies, the one where you say to get help redirects me back here. I cannot generate a support ticket. I could not find any other solution.

Regards,

Dev

Hello Dev,

I think Nina K's referring to this post: 

@Nina K wrote:

Hi Pratyoosh,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

Can you please try to clear your cache and cookies? Or try a different browser and then follow the instructions? If you are still not able to send us a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths