🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: We were unable to authenticate your ID
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

The same error is appearing on my screen. This is even After entering my ssn "I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed."

Hi Michael,

When you click on a job that you want to submit a proposal to, you should see a banner notification at the top of your page with a green link to contact Customer Support. Go ahead and click the link, and this will allow you to create a ticket to the support team so that they can further assist with uploading your ID.

~Nina

I tried to upload my PA driver's license to verify my location, but the message I keep getting is this:

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.
Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport. 

I can't find an email or a phone number for a help desk or service with Upwork. Does anyone have a contact so I can verify my location? Ready to work but this is my only hold-up!! 

Hi Allison,

Click on a job that you want to submit a proposal to, you should see a banner notification at the top of your page with a green link to contact Customer Support. Click the link, and this will allow you to create a ticket to the support team so that they can further assist with uploading your ID.

~Nina

I'm not able to submit proposals on jobs because I keep getting an error message about updating my address, but I've already done so.

Hi Maria,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to.  At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

I am replying to you as I cannot seem to create a new question.  I am having the same problem as the other members on these pages.  Tried to upload my ID, was rejected, and now being told that I've exceeded the number of attempts allowed.  I may have submitted multiple requests for the same issue as there is not a clearly defined path to correct this situation.  Please help!

Mike P

Hi Michael,

One from our team will reach out to you directly via ticket. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I need help with this too! Can't upload anymore, tried to do video verification and not receiving any email for it. Incredibly frustrating.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aideliz and Henry,

I'll share your request with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got this notification You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support. I cannot find where to verify my ID now.

Hi Daryl,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you shortly to assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same problem. There is a message at the top of any job posting stating "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." Then the help keeps pushing me to talk to the community. Looks like you solved this problem for some others, would you mind helping me also, please.

Thanks!

Kierri 

Hi Kierri,

One of the team members will reach out to you via email and assist in uploading your ID, thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I have the same problem. Please help. Thanks.

Hi Kenyetta and Sharlynn,

One of our team members will reach out to you both via ticket and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue.  I tried several times in different ways to get a good image of my DL and it seems that your OCR couldn't read it.

I am having the same issue can someone please reach out to me 

Hi! I am having this same issue. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marissa and Blair,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am also getting the error that says my ID cannot be verified but there is no way to contact customer support

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ashley,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly via support ticket as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mop09255
Community Member

Hi Bojan! Can you help me? Having trouble with authenticating my ID

Hi Moises,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there can someone contact me too, please.  I am having the same issue to veriify my ID.

Hi Peggy, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I need help with this issue.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further in completing the location verification process. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I really need help I tried to upload my ID but It didn't recognize it, I didn't have second chances. My profile is on hold now and I don't know what to do, should I wait?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pavlinka,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I was sent an email from Upwork informing me that my ID verification failed, with no explanation as to why it failed and no directions on how to get the hold on y account lifted. There is no option to reapply for verification. What do I do?

Hi Wyncerlar,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Unless you sent in a cute rabbit's passport and driving licence clearly nobody would have been able to tell if the ID goes with your profile picture.

As is clearly explained when you add a profile picture, it has to be a real, clear photo of yourself.

ejbeachy
Community Member

Thanks for that, I'm sure. I haven't been on upwork in a while though, and my picture's been the same for a long time. Apparently that wasn't the rule when I first uploaded it.
petra_r
Community Member

@Erin B wrote:
Thanks for that, I'm sure. I haven't been on upwork in a while though, and my picture's been the same for a long time. Apparently that wasn't the rule when I first uploaded it.

Yes, your last job was in 2014, and at that time it was the rule as well, but not strictly enforced unless they stumbled upon it 🙂

It *is* a dead cute rabbit!

Hi,

I'm new to upwork. Please I can't get my i.d. verified. I tried uploading, and I believe I met all the parameters, but it's saying I've exceeded the maximum limit of trying to upload my i.d., and I can't even bid for jobs. Please help!

Michelle Lopez

Hi Michelle, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
frankiroh
Community Member

Hello Avery or any other support team member,

I am also having the same problem and experiencing the same message. I've tried to upload my photo ID and have been blocked from trying further. I'm getting the same message to contact customer support. Please help! Thank you.

Hello Franklin,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll have someone from our team reach out to you to assist you. Thank you!

Untitled

I need this same help.  My ID was not authenicated and I can't reach customer service.  Please help so I can submit bids.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths