Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We were unable to authenticate your ID

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
101 of 2,722

Hi Michael,

When you click on a job that you want to submit a proposal to, you should see a banner notification at the top of your page with a green link to contact Customer Support. Go ahead and click the link, and this will allow you to create a ticket to the support team so that they can further assist with uploading your ID.

~Nina
Untitled
Allison S Member Since: Mar 26, 2018
102 of 2,722

I tried to upload my PA driver's license to verify my location, but the message I keep getting is this:

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.
Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport. 

I can't find an email or a phone number for a help desk or service with Upwork. Does anyone have a contact so I can verify my location? Ready to work but this is my only hold-up!! 

Community Guru
103 of 2,722

Hi Allison,

Click on a job that you want to submit a proposal to, you should see a banner notification at the top of your page with a green link to contact Customer Support. Click the link, and this will allow you to create a ticket to the support team so that they can further assist with uploading your ID.

~Nina
Untitled
Maria T Member Since: Apr 13, 2018
104 of 2,722

I'm not able to submit proposals on jobs because I keep getting an error message about updating my address, but I've already done so.

Community Guru
105 of 2,722

Hi Maria,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to.  At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
Untitled
Michael P Member Since: Apr 15, 2018
106 of 2,722

I am replying to you as I cannot seem to create a new question.  I am having the same problem as the other members on these pages.  Tried to upload my ID, was rejected, and now being told that I've exceeded the number of attempts allowed.  I may have submitted multiple requests for the same issue as there is not a clearly defined path to correct this situation.  Please help!

Mike P

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
107 of 2,722

Hi Michael,

One from our team will reach out to you directly via ticket. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Henry C Member Since: Feb 5, 2019
108 of 2,722

I need help with this too! Can't upload anymore, tried to do video verification and not receiving any email for it. Incredibly frustrating.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
109 of 2,722

Hi Aideliz and Henry,

I'll share your request with our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Daryl R Member Since: Feb 6, 2019
110 of 2,722

I got this notification You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support. I cannot find where to verify my ID now.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS