🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID verification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Marcel,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to guide you through the process.

Vince, I've removed the ID Marcel attached as well.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Trying to verify my location. The identity verification does not recognize the new formatted Florida Driver's License. It recognized my old expired one though.

Hi Kolby,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I have submitted a very high res scan of my driver's liscense but it won't accept my ID!

It's a washington state enhanced driver's liscense.

I submitted it too many times, I guess? Because now they said I've attempted too many times- when I pressed the buttom to contact support nothing happened.

So I'm locked out? What do I do? I just want to talk to a real person who will fix this.

Hi Hillary,

Please select a job which includes a US location requirement > use the "contact customer support" link at the top of the preview page and you'll be able to submit a support ticket and receive assistance from our team. Thanks! 

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Thanks Jo-an

Hopefully they will respond promptly 🙂 

It won't accept my state ID even with sufficient light and all 4 corners and now I am locked out and I cant try again.

Hi Pranay,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hello, I recently decided to get back on this website, I understand that things change with the verification and all, but I tried uploading my ID and my Driver's License from New York and it failed, plus it stated I reached the maximum times able to upload a picture for my verification.

Hi Diana,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to.  At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.2018-07-01 14_53_42-Window.jpg

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hey its not working for me either!

Hi there! 

As a gentle reminder, please know that the Upwork Identity Policy requires that you use your own real name, and real picture on your on your account. Please update your account information by going to your Settings page > Contact Info, and let me know once done so that you can re-try verifying your location. 

~ Avery
Upwork

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Afshin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Same issue

Hi Christopher,

I've shared your concern with the team and of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same issue as the others in this chat room. I've tried uploading my driver's license but it would not accept the picture. Now I can't upload at all.

Please help.

Thank you,

Heejoong Kim

Hi Edward & Heejoong,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist with your ID verification issues.

~Nina

I have also had this same problem it isn't working.

Hi Sam, 

It looks like you already have an open support ticket for this issue. I'll go ahead and follow this up with the team so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having this same issue. The photo was clear enough but for whatever reason won’t take it and now I’m getting this same error message. How do I resolve this?

Hi Olatoye,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I am having the same issue of not being able to upload my ID & it says I reached the maximum tries. Please help. Thank you.

edward_gemson
Community Member

I am also having the same issue and would like to speak with an agent - thanks! 

Hi Edward,

One of our team will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I also have the same issue can you have someone contact me.

My ID is also not being accepted. It says I have reached my maximum number of tries. Now I cannot apply for any jobs.

I still have not been contacted by a customer service representative to fix this issue and am unable to use upwork until it is fixed

glensmith43
Community Member

Uploaded DL and had same problem. 

Hi Glen,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with the verification process.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
steinchristensen
Community Member

Hi Stein,

A member of thet team will get in touch with you to assist you with this directly.

~Nina
overitstudios
Community Member

HI,

I am trying to reach cusotmer service. I cannot upload my ID. Thanks.

Hi Adam,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to assist you with this very shortly.

~Nina

Hi Upwork Team, 

I'm having the same issue as everyone else in this thread. I am trying to upload my ID for US verification, but it says my name does not match even though it does and I have reached the max retry attempts. Please advise on next steps. 

Best, 

Yash Shirsath 

Hi Yash,

I've requested that a member of the team get in touch with you directly to help with this.

~Nina

I want to verify my location in the US but it keeps saying "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support."

Hi Jennifer,

One of our representatives will be reaching out to you directly to help assist you with this further.

~Nina

This is exactly the same issue I am having and would appreciate some assistance in the matter.

Hi Chris,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

Edited to add:

It looks like you have already successfully verified your location. We look at a number of factors in order to verify a freelancer's location. In some cases, we also ask freelancers to upload an image of their state issued driver's license, ID card, Green Card or United States passport so that we can verify their location but in some cases, it's not necessary.
I checked and your profile is showing your accurate location on your profile under your name and on your map on the right side of your profile page.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths