Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Verification Isn't Working

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2021 of 3,909

Hello Maxwell,

I'll have one of our representatives get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
Jakob J Member Since: Apr 17, 2018
2022 of 3,909

Hello Upwork, do you feel as though you could please help me verify my passport? The glossy laminate has made so that I have to contact customer support.

P.S. as someone with experience in webpage/app design--I feel as though I should've been informed to make a thread in UpWork Community. I spent way too much time trying to find this outlet, hope this helps others in the future. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2023 of 3,909

I'm sorry you're having issues with verifying your location. You can try bidding for U.S. location job post, and contact the Customer Support Team directly by clicking on the link on the screengrab shown below so that they can assist you.

Contact CS.png

-Avery
Untitled
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2024 of 3,909

Hi Chris, 

On a job post that you are interested in, when you try to submit a proposal, you should be able to see the link to get in touch with Customer Support directly. Please click on that link to be able to reach out our Customer Support Team so that they can assist you.

Contact CS.png

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2025 of 3,909

Hi Ayo,

You should be able to contact Customer Support directly by choosing a local job post/job with a U.S. requirement, and clicking on the "contact customer support" link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Ayo A Member Since: Apr 29, 2018
2026 of 3,909

Upwork won't let me change my name from my nickname to my full legal name when I try to upload my ID. It clearly won't accept my ID without a name change, but the verification won't go through when I try to change my name. This is a really frustrating technical issue, and I find it extra frustrating that I can't just talk to Upwork support about this and find an immediate solution, but I must ask members of the community for advice. 

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2027 of 3,909

Hi Ayo,

On a job post with a U.S. location requirement, you should see the link to contact our Customer Support Team directly. Please file a ticket with them so that they can assist you with your issue. Thank you!

2018-04-30 12_26_01-My Job Feed.jpg

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Ayo A Member Since: Apr 29, 2018
2028 of 3,909

Hi Jo-An. I'm not working with a particular job post, so I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I don't know how to file a ticket with customer service because the UI on Upwork is really insistent on funnelling inquiries like mine to the community forum, even though that's about the least efficient way for me to get help with this problem. I'm not sure what to do.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2029 of 3,909

Ayo, 

Sorry about the delayed reply. Are you able to change your profile name under your Settings> Contact Info? It needs to match the name that shows on your ID. If after changing your name you still run into issues with your location verification, please use the link to contact support directly as Jo outlined in her replies.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Zachary Z Member Since: Apr 29, 2018
2030 of 3,909

I've tried to upload a picture of my driver's license to the "Location Verification" page twice and both times it wasn't accepted. The photo I took did fit all of the requirements listed on the page. I think the reason for this is that my ID is formatted vertically rather than horizontally becuase I live in Colorado.  I would like to verify my location as soon as possible, but I don't really know what to do right now.

Thanks for reading,

Zach

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS