🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
maxbpearl
Community Member

I'd like to verify as a US Freelancer. However, I am in the middle of a name change process. So I have my old license, and a court order for my new name. How can I submit both of these together to verify?

Hi Maxwell,

The driver's license should be valid and not expired and the statement and address you have on Upwork account should match with your ID. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am in the middle of a legal name change - so my license at the moment does not match my current legal name (it will take about a month to get a new license that matches my legal name. How can I sumbit additional documents to verify that legal name? (I have a court order with my current legal name.)

Hello Maxwell,

I'll have one of our representatives get in touch with you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
maddeluxe
Community Member

Hello Upwork, do you feel as though you could please help me verify my passport? The glossy laminate has made so that I have to contact customer support.

P.S. as someone with experience in webpage/app design--I feel as though I should've been informed to make a thread in UpWork Community. I spent way too much time trying to find this outlet, hope this helps others in the future. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you're having issues with verifying your location. You can try bidding for U.S. location job post, and contact the Customer Support Team directly by clicking on the link on the screengrab shown below so that they can assist you.

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris, 

On a job post that you are interested in, when you try to submit a proposal, you should be able to see the link to get in touch with Customer Support directly. Please click on that link to be able to reach out our Customer Support Team so that they can assist you.

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Ayo,

You should be able to contact Customer Support directly by choosing a local job post/job with a U.S. requirement, and clicking on the "contact customer support" link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
jupiter_t34
Community Member

Upwork won't let me change my name from my nickname to my full legal name when I try to upload my ID. It clearly won't accept my ID without a name change, but the verification won't go through when I try to change my name. This is a really frustrating technical issue, and I find it extra frustrating that I can't just talk to Upwork support about this and find an immediate solution, but I must ask members of the community for advice. 

Hi Ayo,

On a job post with a U.S. location requirement, you should see the link to contact our Customer Support Team directly. Please file a ticket with them so that they can assist you with your issue. Thank you!

2018-04-30 12_26_01-My Job Feed.jpg

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An. I'm not working with a particular job post, so I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I don't know how to file a ticket with customer service because the UI on Upwork is really insistent on funnelling inquiries like mine to the community forum, even though that's about the least efficient way for me to get help with this problem. I'm not sure what to do.

Ayo, 

Sorry about the delayed reply. Are you able to change your profile name under your Settings> Contact Info? It needs to match the name that shows on your ID. If after changing your name you still run into issues with your location verification, please use the link to contact support directly as Jo outlined in her replies.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ninjaorange
Community Member

I've tried to upload a picture of my driver's license to the "Location Verification" page twice and both times it wasn't accepted. The photo I took did fit all of the requirements listed on the page. I think the reason for this is that my ID is formatted vertically rather than horizontally becuase I live in Colorado.  I would like to verify my location as soon as possible, but I don't really know what to do right now.

Thanks for reading,

Zach

Hi Zach,

Click on a local job post/job with a U.S. requirement, and click on the "contact customer support" link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.2018-04-30 12_26_01-My Job Feed.jpg

~ Jo-An

Untitled
datawizard711
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new to Uwork and I am having the same issue. I tried uploading my drivers license many times. Someone please contact me and help. Thank you.

Hi Yvette,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

Hello, I'm having issues with verification as well. I don't know if it's because the picture is slightly blurry or what. If I need to try and take a clearer picture, or find other documents to use, I probably can.

Hi Thane,

Please follow the directions that I posted a few posts above to Yvette, as you can utilize these directions to get direct assistance from the support team in uploading your ID.

~Nina
sharonabonanni
Community Member

I am tryng to reach customer service. I cannot upload my ID - maximum number of attempts exceeded. Please help. THANKS.

Hi Sharon, 

Someone from the team will reach out to you via email to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gabrielsr
Community Member

I wanted to start actually applying for stuff, but a lot of what I am interested in requires I be in the US. I live in Alaska, which IS part of the US. When I tried to use my State ID since I have no other form of ID, it claimed it was not a valid form of ID. Despite the fact it was a State ID which is supposed to be a valid form of ID.

Hi Gabriel,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
twanadavis
Community Member

Says verification failed and I have tried to upload my ID several times. Message to contact customer service.

Hi Twana,

Kindly click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to. At the top of the page you'll see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. Please click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue. Thanks!

~Nina

ok thanks.

browiththefeo
Community Member

I'm also having trouble. I keep getting an error saying my Drivers License isn't supported

Hello Craig,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please try again and if you reached the maximum attempts, can you please click the Contact Customer Support link so you can create a ticket? Thank you!

Untitled
cryptochomp
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID but it won't work. It says I tried to upload an unsupported ID. Florida recently changed their driver's license template and the new design probably isn't in the database. Customer support doesn't exist, I get re-directed here. What can I do?

Hi Charles,

Please select a job which includes a US location requirement > use the "contact customer support" link at the top of the preview page and you'll be able to submit a support ticket and receive assistance from our team. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

I do not get a link for customer support.  Every time I upload my photo it says it isn't able to verify it.  I am also in Florida and I think the problem is that our new layout lists our last name first on the license.  Can someone please contact me and advise what to do?

Hi Michael,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
samueltlogan
Community Member

hi i've tried to upload my ID and its not being accepted. 

Hello Samuel,

Can you please send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error displayed when you submit proposals to US only jobs? Thank you!

Untitled
ccmeador
Community Member

My ID was not accepted so I cannot submit new proposals. I was told to contact customer service because my account is on hold. There is no contact information for customer service. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charlie, 

Please click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement. You should see the "Contact Customer Support" link on top of the job post, and should be able to contact the Customer Support Team directly from there. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork
mktgconsult
Community Member

I am also having this problem. 

Hi Natalie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please select a job that includes the US location requirement > check the notification at the top of the page and select the "contact customer support" link in the message, which will allow you to directly contact Customer Support regarding your verifying process. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mirashi_shruti
Community Member

I live in U.S. and I have U.S. Employment Authorization card but none of the listed documents( viz. state issued driver's license, ID card, green card, or United States passport.) for location verification. What do I do? I have driver's instruction permit and I will only get my license in the next month.

Hello Shruti,

Unfortunately, the only allowed documents are US driver's license, US Passport, State ID or green card. You can still submit proposals to those jobs without US location requirements. Thank you!

Untitled
michaeleige
Community Member

I cant verify my location. Greencard expired even tho i have a one year extension running... please help. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths