Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification upload

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
771 of 4,299

Hi Nathan, 

Please know that a temporary driver's license will not be accepted as a valid ID when verifying your location. The following ID's are the only acceptable documents for location verification - Driver’s License, State ID card, United States Passport, Green Card. Please consult with your local advisor if you are allowed to work on Upwork just with documents you have. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Nathan C Member Since: May 26, 2018
772 of 4,299

How would I reach the local advisor? There's no reason why I wouldn't be eligible to work in the US>

Highlighted
TJ C Member Since: May 27, 2018
773 of 4,299

I tried to upload my ID to verify my location and got an email saying it was unable to be authenticated and a hold has been placed on my account. I guess it must have been a bad photo, but the email doesn't give any details about why it wasn't accepted.  I can't find a place to contact customer service, and the site gives no information about what to do in this situation, so I have no idea how to fix this.  

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
774 of 4,299

Hi TJ,

Please click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Kathryn B Member Since: May 28, 2018
775 of 4,299

I am trying to upload verification of my account by uploading a photo of my ID. My name is Kathryn Burgess, exactly what it says on my account. However, it keeps saying my name is different than what it is on my account. I've tried taking several different pictures, yet nothing is working. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
776 of 4,299

Hi Kathryn,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina
Highlighted
Clara C Member Since: May 28, 2018
777 of 4,299

I am trying to upload my Drivers licence so that I can start applying to jobs. I have taken several photos in good lighting, with all edges showing, with good quality. Every single one has been regected. The error says it doesn't recognize the ID. How do I fix this?

Highlighted
Community Guru
778 of 4,299

Hi Clara,

Please click on any job that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve this verification issue. Thanks!

~Nina
Highlighted
Lyndsay K Member Since: Aug 25, 2016
779 of 4,299

I took a picture of my driver's licence and uploaded it as directed (saved it as a JPEG, checked the quality, etc.), but I kept getting a message saying that it was not an accepted ID. Then I got a message that said I had reached my maxium number of atempts to upload my ID, and I was locked out. I opened a ticket through Upwork support, but I see many others have had this issue as well, and I'm still waiting to hear back from Upwork after three hours. Does anyone know if this an issue that can be resolved quickly so I can resume submitting proposals? Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
780 of 4,299

Hi Lyndsay,

Upon checking, I see that our support team has already replied to you on your open ticket and that you are in communication with them. We'll follow up with them about your most recent addition to the ticket.

~Nina
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS