Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Verification

Highlighted
Aleksandar T Member Since: Jun 4, 2018
791 of 3,997

Hello there,

I am studying in the US, but I still do not have an ID to prove that I am the US Citizen, besides my passport. I wanted to verify my location in order to get access to jobs that are available only to the US Citizens, and I tried uploading my Visa, but it did not work. Could You help me to solve this problem, so I can start applying for those jobs?

With respect,Aleksandar Trujic

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
792 of 3,997

Hello Aleksandar,

Unfortunately, the only allowed documents to verify your location are Driver's License, State ID, Green Card or US Passport. If you don't have any of these, you can still submit proposals to those jobs without US location requirement. Thank you!

Untitled
793 of 3,997

Hi Ryan,

Could there be any exceptions to th rule of providing a location verification so I could apply to the jobs located in the US. Since I am student and am allowed to work, I think I should be able to apply to those jobs.

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
794 of 3,997

Hi Aleksandar,

US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it. There are various reasons why a client would want to post a job with that requirement. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. 

If you have an agency, only agency members who are located in the US will be able to apply for these jobs.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
795 of 3,997

Hi Jo-An,

Well I am phyisically located in the US, except I don't have a driver's licence since I am on student visa here. Could I use my college ID or Visa to confirm my location?

Donald H Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
796 of 3,997

I uploaded my Virginia drivers license photo when asked. Then you told me I don't live in the United States and suspended my account. What do I do now? The computer is wrong, I live in Charlottesville, Virginia. - Donald Hamilton

Andrey V Member Since: Feb 21, 2016
797 of 3,997

Computers are always wrong at the end of a day, in my opinion. They are an outcome of human work and to err is human, as far as I am concerned to believe. Someone will get in touch with you soon to clarify the issue and to resolve it in a manual way.

Regards,

Andrei

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
798 of 3,997

Hi Donald,

I checked and it looks like your location has now been verified. Your account should now be all set and you should be able to apply for U.S. only jobs.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kahyte V Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
799 of 3,997

I scanned a photo of my driver's license onto my computer for identity verification purposes, but the Upwork verification system won't accept it. I'd like to know how to fix this issue so I can start looking for jobs.

Cynthia F Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
800 of 3,997

It must see the edges of your ID. If you scanned it, place it in the center of the scanning screen and select just outside the edges.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS