cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: identity verification issues

Aleksandar T Member Since: Jun 4, 2018
791 of 3,821

Hi Jo-An,

Well I am phyisically located in the US, except I don't have a driver's licence since I am on student visa here. Could I use my college ID or Visa to confirm my location?

Donald H Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
792 of 3,821

I uploaded my Virginia drivers license photo when asked. Then you told me I don't live in the United States and suspended my account. What do I do now? The computer is wrong, I live in Charlottesville, Virginia. - Donald Hamilton

Andrey V Member Since: Feb 21, 2016
793 of 3,821

Computers are always wrong at the end of a day, in my opinion. They are an outcome of human work and to err is human, as far as I am concerned to believe. Someone will get in touch with you soon to clarify the issue and to resolve it in a manual way.

Regards,

Andrei

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
794 of 3,821

Hi Donald,

I checked and it looks like your location has now been verified. Your account should now be all set and you should be able to apply for U.S. only jobs.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kahyte V Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
795 of 3,821

I scanned a photo of my driver's license onto my computer for identity verification purposes, but the Upwork verification system won't accept it. I'd like to know how to fix this issue so I can start looking for jobs.

Highlighted
Cynthia F Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
796 of 3,821

It must see the edges of your ID. If you scanned it, place it in the center of the scanning screen and select just outside the edges.

Kahyte V Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
797 of 3,821

I'd crop the photo but apparently, I've used up all my tries at uploading the verification. Which is why I've contacted this customer support forum. But thank you for the suggestion!

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
798 of 3,821

Hello Kahyte,

Have you tried creating a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the message displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? If you are still not able to create a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled
Mohanalakshmi A Member Since: Mar 24, 2019
799 of 3,821

Hi Team,

I am trying to create support ticket from link, but I am not able to submit. Can you please help me with this request. I am getting below message. 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support. 

Thanks 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
800 of 3,821

Hi Mohanalakshmi, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS