cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork can't verify my location

Michael F Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
741 of 1,698

Hi Ryan,

I didn't know you just had to keep trying and then if you fail enough times it gives you a support email address.  Is it safe to email my drivers license to them along with the problem or should I email them only with the problem and wait for their response?  Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
742 of 1,698

Hi Michael, 

You can click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and you should see a link to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there. Please click on a link to be able to file a ticket, and they will get back to you through the same ticket thread. 

Contact CS.png

-Avery
Untitled
743 of 1,698

Hi Avery,

I've already got the support email address.  I just need to know if it's safe to send my drivers license with my email to support along with the  verification problem, or should I just tell them the problem via email and wait for their response as to what to do next.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
744 of 1,698

You can just email them with the problem and they will provide a secure link where you can upload the documents needed. 

-Avery
Untitled
745 of 1,698

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Lindsay M Member Since: Jun 11, 2018
746 of 1,698

I just submitted my CURRENT Driver's License to authenticate my location, and it rejected it. There was no option to try again. Now my account is on a hold and I can't apply for any jobs! 

Can someone help? I'm new and trying to figure this all out.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
747 of 1,698

Hello Lindsay,

I'm sorry to hear that. Have you tried sending us a ticket by clicking the contact customer support link in the message displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? If you are having some problems sending us a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled
Micah S Member Since: Jun 11, 2018
748 of 1,698

Is there customer support on this site?

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
749 of 1,698

Hello Micah,

Can you please send us a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer support link in the error displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? If you are still having some trouble sending a ticket, please reply to this thread. Thanks!

Untitled
Lisanne B Member Since: Sep 7, 2017
750 of 1,698

I am trying to upload my state id, but i keep getting the response that I am not using an acceptable form of verification.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS