cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork can't verify my location

Tyler C Member Since: Mar 5, 2019
801 of 3,714
I got the error you've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID even though I used an actual form of ID what do I do
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
802 of 3,714

Hi Tyler,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

Untitled
Vinita K Member Since: Mar 28, 2019
803 of 3,714

Hi I got the same error and need contact information for support or can a support agent contact me? Thanks. 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
804 of 3,714

Hi  Vinita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Daniel G Member Since: Apr 1, 2019
805 of 3,714

Can someone please contact me about my verification photo limit issue.

Thank you.

Michael F Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
806 of 3,714

"You still need to verify your location to access U.S. exclusive jobs. Verify your location now."

I upload my license.  Get this message:

"We had some trouble verifying your ID

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport."

Upwork can't verify my state issued driver's license.  I try to contact support.  10 minutes going through their "help" system.  Just sends me to articles where I can thumbs up and thumbs down their statements as to whether it's helpful.    No submit a support ticket although it seems a partial interface is there (it shows opened cases but no way to submit a ticket).  I call upwork's corporate number for help.  Nobody answers.   Message is basically "leave your contact info in our voicemail and someone will get back to you."  

Tried Google for assistance to get me to a support form that I can fill out.  Nothing helpful.  How do I get in touch with someone from Upwork to fix this problem? Thanks!

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
807 of 3,714

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please retry submitting your document? If you ran out of attempts, could you please try to submit a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error displayed when you submit a proposal to US only jobs? Thank you!

Untitled
808 of 3,714

Hi Ryan,

I didn't know you just had to keep trying and then if you fail enough times it gives you a support email address.  Is it safe to email my drivers license to them along with the problem or should I email them only with the problem and wait for their response?  Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
809 of 3,714

Hi Michael, 

You can click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and you should see a link to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there. Please click on a link to be able to file a ticket, and they will get back to you through the same ticket thread. 

Contact CS.png

-Avery
Untitled
810 of 3,714

Hi Avery,

I've already got the support email address.  I just need to know if it's safe to send my drivers license with my email to support along with the  verification problem, or should I just tell them the problem via email and wait for their response as to what to do next.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS