🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork can't verify my location
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Rafael,

Please go ahead and click on a job that you would like to send a proposal to that is U.S only. At the top of the page you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue.

~Nina

Hello there,

I am studying in the US, but I still do not have an ID to prove that I am the US Citizen, besides my passport. I wanted to verify my location in order to get access to jobs that are available only to the US Citizens, and I tried uploading my Visa, but it did not work. Could You help me to solve this problem, so I can start applying for those jobs?

With respect,Aleksandar Trujic

Hello Aleksandar,

Unfortunately, the only allowed documents to verify your location are Driver's License, State ID, Green Card or US Passport. If you don't have any of these, you can still submit proposals to those jobs without US location requirement. Thank you!

Untitled

Hi Ryan,

Could there be any exceptions to th rule of providing a location verification so I could apply to the jobs located in the US. Since I am student and am allowed to work, I think I should be able to apply to those jobs.

Hi Aleksandar,

US-only jobs are available only for freelancers who are physically located in the US and can verify it. There are various reasons why a client would want to post a job with that requirement. Their projects may require localized knowledge, the possibility of on-site coordination, specific compliance needs or other factors that make working with someone within their country an easier way to get started on Upwork. 

If you have an agency, only agency members who are located in the US will be able to apply for these jobs.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An,

Well I am phyisically located in the US, except I don't have a driver's licence since I am on student visa here. Could I use my college ID or Visa to confirm my location?

I uploaded my Virginia drivers license photo when asked. Then you told me I don't live in the United States and suspended my account. What do I do now? The computer is wrong, I live in Charlottesville, Virginia. - Donald Hamilton

Computers are always wrong at the end of a day, in my opinion. They are an outcome of human work and to err is human, as far as I am concerned to believe. Someone will get in touch with you soon to clarify the issue and to resolve it in a manual way.

Regards,

Andrei

Hi Donald,

I checked and it looks like your location has now been verified. Your account should now be all set and you should be able to apply for U.S. only jobs.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

I scanned a photo of my driver's license onto my computer for identity verification purposes, but the Upwork verification system won't accept it. I'd like to know how to fix this issue so I can start looking for jobs.

It must see the edges of your ID. If you scanned it, place it in the center of the scanning screen and select just outside the edges.

I'd crop the photo but apparently, I've used up all my tries at uploading the verification. Which is why I've contacted this customer support forum. But thank you for the suggestion!

Hello Kahyte,

Have you tried creating a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the message displayed when you try to submit a proposal to US only jobs? If you are still not able to create a ticket, please let us know. Thank you!

Untitled

Hi Team,

I am trying to create support ticket from link, but I am not able to submit. Can you please help me with this request. I am getting below message. 

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support. 

Thanks 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohanalakshmi, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I got the error you've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID even though I used an actual form of ID what do I do

Hi Tyler,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi I got the same error and need contact information for support or can a support agent contact me? Thanks. 

Hi  Vinita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Can someone please contact me about my verification photo limit issue.

Thank you.

I am receiving a message that my attempts have reached the maximum for identification verification and I have tried to upload my photo I.D. repeatedly. Please help.

Hi Donetta,

I've shared your concern with completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

"You still need to verify your location to access U.S. exclusive jobs. Verify your location now."

I upload my license.  Get this message:

"We had some trouble verifying your ID

It looks like you uploaded an unsupported type of ID.Please try again with an image of your state issued driver’s license, ID card, green card or United States passport."

Upwork can't verify my state issued driver's license.  I try to contact support.  10 minutes going through their "help" system.  Just sends me to articles where I can thumbs up and thumbs down their statements as to whether it's helpful.    No submit a support ticket although it seems a partial interface is there (it shows opened cases but no way to submit a ticket).  I call upwork's corporate number for help.  Nobody answers.   Message is basically "leave your contact info in our voicemail and someone will get back to you."  

Tried Google for assistance to get me to a support form that I can fill out.  Nothing helpful.  How do I get in touch with someone from Upwork to fix this problem? Thanks!

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please retry submitting your document? If you ran out of attempts, could you please try to submit a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error displayed when you submit a proposal to US only jobs? Thank you!

Untitled

Hi Ryan,

I didn't know you just had to keep trying and then if you fail enough times it gives you a support email address.  Is it safe to email my drivers license to them along with the problem or should I email them only with the problem and wait for their response?  Thanks for your help!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael, 

You can click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and you should see a link to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there. Please click on a link to be able to file a ticket, and they will get back to you through the same ticket thread. 

Contact CS.png

~ Avery
Upwork
mfinamore
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I've already got the support email address.  I just need to know if it's safe to send my drivers license with my email to support along with the  verification problem, or should I just tell them the problem via email and wait for their response as to what to do next.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can just email them with the problem and they will provide a secure link where you can upload the documents needed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mfinamore
Community Member

Thanks! 🙂

I have the same problem.  What is the support email address?  When I click the link to contact support I got directed here.  Frustrating.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
samuelkf
Community Member

i havent been able to contact anyone about fixing this problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samuel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fralston
Community Member

i currently having the same issue, ive gone through the process of help and customer support but have it has not been resolved as of yet. i used my proper state id, and tried it a few times not im being blocked and i get an error and am un able to apply for work. any help would be greatly appreicated 

laximus
Community Member

sale here i have been trying to contact the support this past 2 days but i couldn't submit request .. anyway 
i tried to verify my account with a driver liscence but for some reason it didn't work and it asked me to contact the support ... how can i solve this issue ? how can i email the support please 

Hi Aimane,

One of customer support team members will reach out and assist you in completing the location verification step. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Good afternoon,

Same problem I can't upload my ID because I did several times. Can you help me please?

Thank you,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Beatriz.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rckreate
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. 

I got this message: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID."

For some reason, it hasn't accepted my legitimate ID.What can I do for this?

When I click on the customer support link, I get routed here.

Can someone please help me with this?

Thank you.

Stacey

Hi Stacey,

A team member will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process. Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths