Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upwork can't verify my location

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
811 of 4,059

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you please retry submitting your document? If you ran out of attempts, could you please try to submit a ticket by clicking the Contact Customer Support link in the error displayed when you submit a proposal to US only jobs? Thank you!

Untitled
Michael F Member Since: Jun 7, 2018
812 of 4,059

Hi Ryan,

I didn't know you just had to keep trying and then if you fail enough times it gives you a support email address.  Is it safe to email my drivers license to them along with the problem or should I email them only with the problem and wait for their response?  Thanks for your help!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
813 of 4,059

Hi Michael, 

You can click on a job post with a U.S. location requirement, and you should see a link to directly contact our Customer Support Team from there. Please click on a link to be able to file a ticket, and they will get back to you through the same ticket thread. 

Contact CS.png

-Avery
Untitled
814 of 4,059

Hi Avery,

I've already got the support email address.  I just need to know if it's safe to send my drivers license with my email to support along with the  verification problem, or should I just tell them the problem via email and wait for their response as to what to do next.

815 of 4,059

You can just email them with the problem and they will provide a secure link where you can upload the documents needed. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
816 of 4,059

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Mark B Member Since: Feb 9, 2019
817 of 4,059

I have the same problem.  What is the support email address?  When I click the link to contact support I got directed here.  Frustrating.

818 of 4,059

Hi Mark, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

-Avery
Untitled
Samuel F Member Since: Feb 10, 2019
819 of 4,059

i havent been able to contact anyone about fixing this problem

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
820 of 4,059

Hi Samuel,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS