🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: United States Location Verification - Una...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Michael,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket. Please respond directly to that ticket and post any questions you have. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I'm having the same issue! NYS enhanced Drivers License can't be verified. Probably because it shows Last Name above First name. Help

Hi Christina,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
angelsoular
Community Member

Hi, I am still having trouble verifying my drivers license. I went had full color scanned my drivers license and it is still having trouble verifying. 

Hi Angel,

I have checked your account and can confirm that your profile has been approved. Happy Upworking!

~ Jo-An

Untitled

hello I'm stuck on this step

Thank you for completing the Upwork ID Verification upload. Please allow 3-4 business days for your ID Verification to be completed.

but I've been waiting almost two weeks. 

Hi Alberto,

Please refer to the ticket that was sent by one of our agents and follow the instructions accrodingly. Thanks!

~ Jo-An

Untitled
of_life-pulse
Community Member

I also need to help with this problem

Hello Saad,

I just checked your account and I can see that our team already reached out to you regarding your concern. Please check your email inbox or check directly here.

Thank you.

Untitled

Having the same issues... and there seems to be no way to resolve it. What are we supposed to do?

Hi Steven,

Please follow on what Bojan advised below. Let us know if you still encounter the same issue. Thanks!

~ Jo-An

Untitled
coderdee
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem. 

I've reached the maximum attempts to verify my identity.

I've been trying this for couple of days sent email to customer service no response yet.

Hi Deepak,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly on one of your tickets and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

@ Deepak R. --

With all due respect, I might suggest that your most pressing problem may not be verififcation of your identity. That may be a moot problem/point in light of your aggressive listed hourly rate -- just a single dollar short of $1,000 per hour -- for what appears to be not all that phenomenally unique a skill set.

I also have this problem. I have an Arizona ID.

Hi Duff,

One of our agents will reset your attempts and reach out to you directly to assist further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I just tried to set up an account after not having logged in for a long time, and was told my ID couldn't be authenticated and my account is now on hold. Is someone able to unlock the account long enough for me to try and submit a new ID photo?

Hi Deborah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further on how to finish the verification. Thank you

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I currently have the same problem,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ephraim,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Unable to verify phone number. Can someone contact me to do so?

Hi Brendan,

I checked this for you and looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number, let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
richapps
Community Member

Same problem here. Uploaded 3 images of my driver's license and it failed and placed my account on hold.  Please reach-out to fix this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pablo,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have a Governement-issued identification card, but not one on your list - is it possible to be verified through a different process? 

Thanks

Julia

Hi Julia, 

You should be able to verify your location with any of the following IDs: Driver's License, State ID card, United States Passport, Green Card. If you are unable to verify your location, you should still be able to bid for jobs that do not have a U.S. location requirement. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I don't have any of those documents but I do have an Employment Authorization Document - can that card not be used for verification?

Thanks

Hi Julia, 

I went ahead and checked this with the team to confirm if I have the right information. I'll get back to you once I hear back from them. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks very much.

Hi Julia, 

The team has confirmed that you can use your EAD to verify you location. Please proceed with the location verification, and let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you for your response. I have tried uploading my EAD card but as
there isn't an option for that type of verification it doesn't seem to be
working - which option should I use?

Hi Julia,

I checked your ticket and I can see that our team shared more information and guidelines regarding your verification process a few minutes ago. Please check that ticket which details what steps you should take to successfully verify your location. If you have any additional questions please post them on your ticket and our team will assist you. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I got the email after trying to submit my ID a couple different ways that obviously didn't work, and it said there'd been a hold placed on my account, but it didn't say temporarily or permanantly. The way it was worded, it sounded permanent, but I just need help uploading my ID?...

Hi Tiffany,

One of our team members will reach out to assist you via email to assist you in completing your ID verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I'm on my second ticket trying to get my license approved, with no human response to my inquiry. can you please help?

I do not see a heat ticket number to reference. 

CM

Hi Christopher,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mrvangin
Community Member

hello, I'm having the same problem

Hi Michael,

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you in verifying your location. 

~ Jo-An

Untitled
jeffbaxter17
Community Member

I'm trying to get my account setup but when I try to verify my account it tells me the name doesn't match. I've tried to add my middle name with my first as it requests, but I believe my prefix ("Jr") is causing an issue. Is this an issue that someone else has dealt with in the past?

@Jeffrey B wrote:

I'm trying to get my account setup but when I try to verify my account it tells me the name doesn't match. I've tried to add my middle name with my first as it requests, but I believe my prefix ("Jr") is causing an issue. Is this an issue that someone else has dealt with in the past?

Hi Jeffrey,

If the difference is a common variation (like Jeffrey / Jeff, Robert / Bob - Rob - Bobby) or something lile the "Jr" it tends to indeed initially show a miss-match but can be manually resolved without any trouble. Just get in touch with Customer Service who can review and fix this for you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths