🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verifying my ID
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Did you solve this issue? I have same issue, too. But there is no way to solve it. Can you please give an hint?

nickhumensky
Community Member

Greetings,

I have been attempting to upload my ID to complete the verification so I can start submitting proposals.  The files that I have scanned keep getting rejected and I have reached the maximum number of attempts allowed.  My files meet the requirements that are displayed when they are rejected.  Now I do not know what to do or who to contact to help me with this issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Nick,

We have escalated your concern and one of our representatives will be reaching out to you regarding this.

Untitled

I would like to verify my identification.  I have reached the max attempts and need to contact you for further instructions on how to bypass the blocked access to upload verification.  Thank you, Donna

I have also been locked out after several attempts to upload my ID. Please unlock my account so I can get this done. Thank you.

Hi Robert,

We'll have a member of our team reach out to you directly, reset the verification and assist you with the process.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hey,
I am getting this error, "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please" , yet I am not even trying to upload an ID. I verified my identity over an year ago. What could this be about?

Hi Dennis, One of our team member created a ticket for you. Please post any questions you have on that ticket thread. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am having the same issue with this as well.  Made several attempts to upload my DL and it is giving me the same error message, even though the photo meets all the requirements.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi Stephanie,

One of our agents will reach out to you and assist you further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue of not being able to upload my ID & it says I reached the maximun tries... what can I do about that?

Hello Andrea,

I have escalated your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

I am getting this "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID"  also.  Can you unlock my account and tell me how I can verify my Identity? It does not like the images my phone is taking of my license.

Hi Rachel,

I've requested that one of our team members reach out to you directly to help you with this.

~Nina

The system is not accepting my drivers license and says I have reached the maximum upload attempts

Rebecca

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rebecca,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm attempting to upload my USA passport; without success. Please advise. Thank you, Leroy 

Hi Leroy,

We'll reach out to you directly with more information and assistance with your location verification.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Good morning,

Try emailing this address and ask to have your attempts reset:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

That's who emailed me when I was asking for help. Once you get your attempts reset, take your photo ID, scan it to the form of a PDF, and try to upload that. A PDF is what finally got mine to work. I was initially trying to take a photo with my phone. If this doesn't work, please contact me again and I will try to further assist you.

Thank you,
Nick

Thank you! I did not know it was the file format that was the issue. 

I have tried to upload my State ID several times unsuccessfuly. 

I have reached the maximum tries for uploading my ID and require customer support. 

Hi Murekio, 

Thanks for reaching out as well. We'll have somebody reach out to you and assist you with the process.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Donna,

The block has been lifted you can try again, and here is some tips about the verification:
-Be sure that you upload the correct file type (JPEG, PDF or PNG)
-Make sure that you upload a clear, color copy of your ID
-Be sure that your driver’s license or state ID is valid
-Note that the name on the ID must match the name on your Upwork profile

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, is there any way I can get this lock lifted from my account so I can verify my account?

Thanks,

Trevor S. 

Hello Trevor,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly to assist you. Thank you.

Untitled

LIke many, I am also having difficult verifying my identify. I uploaded a photo of my US passport, however, I was told there was an issue with the photo & was told to contact customer support. I haven't been able to find any direct line of communication to resolve the issue & am now stuck without the ability to bid on US jobs. Please let me know how I can clear up this identity issue! 

Laura,

We'll have somebody contact you directly and assist you with the process.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. I have uploaded my ID multiple times and I am now being told to contact customer support after reaching the maxiumum attempts. Can someone please assist?

Thank you!

Hi Morgan,

We've reset this, please go ahead and try to re-upload your ID now and reach back out if you require further assistance. Thank you.

~Nina

You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please *** Edited for Community Guidelines ***

The link given is invalid. Who should I contact?!

Thanks,

Hosam

I've reached the maximum number of authentication attempts also. Can my attempts be reset?

Hi Alan, 

You should be able to try submitting your documents again for verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
juliettea
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Can my uploads also be reset?

Hi Juliette,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Am having this same issue 

Hi Danelle,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Having the same issue, please reset account

Hi Zach,

Sorry to hear you ran into issues with verification. One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Please help me resolve this.

Hi David,

One of our team member will reach out to you directly and assist you with the process.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths