cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Barbarita G Member Since: Dec 13, 2018
2091 of 3,466
Hi I’m new in Upwork. I’m in the United States waiting for my asylum approval, meanwhile the state provided me with a valid ID that probes that I can work here (employment authorization Card) as well as a social security number. The system don’t recognize this ID, but this is till a valid ID. I would like to know if I can choose this ID to get started, I don’t have a driver license.

I attached an ID that looks like mine.

Thank you in advance,

Barbarita Gonzalez
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2092 of 3,466

Hi Bryan, and Barbarita, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to both of you separately to assist you with your location verification.

-Avery
Untitled
Jade J Member Since: Dec 14, 2018
2093 of 3,466

I have tried several times to upload my id for verification but no matter what I do or how I take it it says it can't be verified.

Any article that I read just says the same info and nothing has helped me figure out how to fix it. Can someone from Upwork help me with this? I just can't figure it out. The ID is perfectly clear, the name and adress that I've put in now is the exact same and still no verification.

Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2094 of 3,466

Hi Jade,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Taylar H Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
2095 of 3,466

I am having a similar issue. I have been told that my account is now on hold. Can I have Customer Support contact me ASAP please?

Neave S Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
2096 of 3,466

I am having the same issue and keep being sent to this community page. I can't find a direct contact for support. 

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2097 of 3,466

Hi Neave and Kathleen,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you to assist in uploading your ID for verification. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Oleg S Member Since: Feb 3, 2019
2098 of 3,466

Can someone help me witth my ID verification?

I couldn't verificate it one year ago, now I created a new account but have the same problem.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary H Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
2099 of 3,466

Hi Oleg,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly though email. Thanks!

- Mary
Untitled
Scott S Member Since: Feb 4, 2019
2100 of 3,466

Hi Mary,

I am having the same issue.

Thanks!