🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Identification
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Jeffrey, 

Someone from the Customer Support Team will reach out to you regarding this issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried again today with putting my first and middle name in the first/middle name text box. I followed with putting my last name and suffix after my last name but it's telling me it's having a problem wiht analyzing my ID because the image doesn't match the requirements. I've verified the expectations and does meets the requirements. I've rescanned the image again and tired to no avail. Any thoughts?

Hi Jeffrey, 

I checked and it looks like your ID has been accepted.

I'll have to check with the team regarding your last name, as it has been recently rolled out that only the initial of your last name will show up on your profile. In your case, your last name is showing, and the Jr. was truncated. I'll let you know if I receive any updates. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having the same issue as above. Can you help me?

Hi Meghan,

Can you please confirm if the issue you encountered the name that doesn't match? Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Meghan,

I apologize for a late reply. Please click on any job in your U.S-only feed. At the top of the page, you should see a notification asking you to contact customer support with a green link. If you go ahead and click the link, it should allow you to create a ticket directly to customer support so that they can help you resolve your verification issue. Feel free to follow up with an update or in case you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
labarbara
Community Member

Hi I’m new in Upwork. I’m in the United States waiting for my asylum approval, meanwhile the state provided me with a valid ID that probes that I can work here (employment authorization Card) as well as a social security number. The system don’t recognize this ID, but this is till a valid ID. I would like to know if I can choose this ID to get started, I don’t have a driver license.

I attached an ID that looks like mine.

Thank you in advance,

Barbarita Gonzalez
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan, and Barbarita, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to both of you separately to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
jbjemison
Community Member

I have tried several times to upload my id for verification but no matter what I do or how I take it it says it can't be verified.

Any article that I read just says the same info and nothing has helped me figure out how to fix it. Can someone from Upwork help me with this? I just can't figure it out. The ID is perfectly clear, the name and adress that I've put in now is the exact same and still no verification.

Hi Jade,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am having a similar issue. I have been told that my account is now on hold. Can I have Customer Support contact me ASAP please?

neavesch
Community Member

I am having the same issue and keep being sent to this community page. I can't find a direct contact for support. 

Hi Neave and Kathleen,

A member of our customer support team will reach out to you to assist in uploading your ID for verification. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Can someone help me witth my ID verification?

I couldn't verificate it one year ago, now I created a new account but have the same problem.

Hi Oleg,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly though email. Thanks!

Hi Mary,

I am having the same issue.

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
al1993
Community Member

It seems like a lot of people are having the same issue as me. They can't verify my ID and I have already exceeded the number of attempts to upload it. Where do I go for here? 

garen33
Community Member

uploaded my id several times did not take any of them now says to contact support? help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Garen, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
inocenciopaul
Community Member

Hi,

I cannot send any proposal for the client due to this message

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

How can I upload again my ID so that they can verify it. 

Many thanks

check your gmail or if you did not get any email to submite ID then contact support ..they will give you the link to submite.once your id approve then you will be able to submite proposals

Hi Paul, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

Until now no one ever contact me regarding my verification, do you know the number of the customer service? so that I can reach to them directly.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

One of our customer support agents will reach out via email to assist you in uploading your ID for verification. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ingrid-sosa
Community Member

Hi Can I reach customer service?

Hi Cassandra and Ingrid,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Having same issue. Please help.

reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID ERROR

ahoskins0013
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID so I could be verified as a US resident. I made sure I followed all of the guidelines (right size, all sides showing, etc). However, after trying to get it right, (there was no specification as to what was even wrong with the picture), I was told that I have reached the maximum number of attempts.

Now, I can't upload my ID, which greatly restricts what jobs I can apply for. I can't find anywhere I can ask for help, and the community bot was so exceedingly unhelpful. What should I do? What can be done?

sdinae
Community Member

I have my ID (US) in the forat requested, however, it continues to fail validation. How can I get this resolved?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shawneen, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pmwatts13
Community Member

I've tried multiple times to upload my Driver's License and it doesn't work. Please help

Try to refresh the page or use a different browser. Also, try to troubleshoot your internet connection if it's not working at all.

It's not an internet problem, everything else is working fine. Using Chrome, tried scanning license, taking pic with phone, nothing works. Did refresh - same message. Must be another way
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pat, 

A member of our Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
neris69
Community Member

Hello

I was uploading my driver's license wrongly on upwork not meeting the specifications of picture format. I did so a number of times and have been asked to contact support because I have exceeded the number of trials. Please, I don't know what to do now considering I keep being directed to the community not customer support at every trial.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Neris, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
meghancopley
Community Member

I've hit the maximum number of tries in uploading my ID.

I lost my drivers license, but have a passport and a photo of my drivers license.

Please help!

Hi Meghan,

One of our customer support team members will reach out to assist you in uploading your ID for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
crayhernandez
Community Member

Hello Don, 

One of our team members will reach out to you to to assist you further. Thank you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths