🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ID Verification Failed
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
amberlee829
Community Member

I keep getting the message that I "have reach my maximum number of attempts to upload my ID" and I am becoming irritated. I followed all the guidelines but it still cannot be verified.

Hi Amber, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
dizmov
Community Member

Hello Sir,

I received a notification "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support"

Can you help me out pls? I'm ready for a video call at all time. And I've made a better picture of my Californian ID.

Thank you and have a great day.

vkerai
Community Member

Despite providing a clear passport for my account the Identification verification still failed, please let me verify my identity. Thanks. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Denys, and Veeran, 

The Customer Support Team will get in touch with you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aashishpathak
Community Member

i've been trying to upload my ID, and after several tries, I reached my maximum number of attempts, and I can't upload it now what should i do now

Reneda and Aashish,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to assist you in uploading your ID. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rwelch78
Community Member

I cannot get the photo of my ID to load - it says to contact customer support. But I cannot find an email or phone # for customer support... what do I do?
dthoma812
Community Member

I am atempting to verify my account, and have uploaded photos of my Louisiana Drivers License several times. My Driverse License is valid, my own, within expiration date, and everything necessary; however the computer has come up negative every time and will now no longer allow me to make attempts or submit proposals. I think this might have something to do with my Louisiana license being virtical instead of the traditional horizontal one which may trip up the detection system if that's how this process works. 

Just take a photo of yourself and upload it on the profile page.

Hi Davis,

One of our customer support agents will reach out and assist you further in uploading your ID for verification. We would also request that you upload an actual picture of you for your profile photo. Please check out this help article for more information. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I was again able to upload my license, however regardless of my uploaded image's abidence to the restrictions (.jpeg, 200dpi, 15 mb, image smaller than 6000 by 6000), the image detection system sill would not accept the image and told me that the specs of the image were wrong. 

saranyaponraj
Community Member

I've been trying to upload my ID, and after several tries, I reached my maximum number of attempts, and I can't upload it now. 

Hi Saranya, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you, Saranya.

~ Avery
Upwork
clarence_dennis
Community Member

Hello,

My ID verification failed for some reason. Is it because my current address is different from the one on my ID? If so, how can this issue be resolved?

Thanks 

Yes, Fill your address which is on your ID card and the bank account. Don't use the address that can't match with id proof and bank proof.

Hi Clarence, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
khen687
Community Member

Hello, I've reached the limit for my US ID verification after attempting to upload a photo of my passport.

henderson_jr-wal
Community Member

I have exceeded the maximum number of times I can submit my ID for verification. What is the next step I should take? I have both my passport and Drivers License at my disposal. 

Hi Walter,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mdechatech
Community Member

I tried to upload a photo of my government ID for verification and reached the maximum number of attempts. After contacting customer support I was redirected here. How can I verify my account so that I can begin submitting proposals?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emily and Matthewit,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dseelam
Community Member

Id verification failed error when I submit my DL

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Davis, and Durgasree, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
james-ni
Community Member

Id verification failed error when I submit my DL too. Please hekp.

jyotijain15
Community Member

Hello Guys,

I am getting an error, You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

When I reach to contact support it send me here to community discussion. Can some one help me with the steps to verify the account. 

Cheers,

Jyoti

teelusi
Community Member

Hi Avery, I haven't been able to verify my identity as it is refusing to accept my ID image. Is there an email I can send the image to?
rlakha
Community Member

I have tried to verify my account by uploading my ID five different times. However, each time, it was rejected despite meeting all of the guidelines given. I am now locked out of  and I have no way of submitting any proposals. Help.

lykaefrates
Community Member

Trying to upload my ID. The first few attempts were unsuccessful due to failing to upload it in the proper format.  But, the last few times, I uploaded directly through my phone on the Upwork app and it failed again.  Now, I've reached my upload attempt limit.  What do I do?

digitalj2
Community Member

Hello,

** I took time to read the other threads and they are not similar to mines, I do not have a problem uploading my ID - and I did such.

Ok, so I verified my location via SMS text. No problem. Then, I was told to verify my ID, and I did. I uploaded it and received an email that my ID was not verified.

I am not sure why? I have a VALID, North Carolina ID... The only thing I can think of is my middle name?

Which obviously I do not want part of my freelancer profile. 

Help?

Hi Julio,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with finishing our short verification process. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much. Let me know when the ticket is created.
ileigh
Community Member

Hello I uploaded my green card and I got a message saying it isn't a supported ID? But it said I could use my Green Card as identification

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi India, and Karthiga, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
karthiram
Community Member

Hi.. I have issues while uploading my ID. The message says I have reached the maximum number of verification attempts. Can someone please help on this.
holmesjuan
Community Member

I was tryiing to submit my liscence to upwork but it wasnt reading correctly for some reason. After a couple of trial and error attempts I got this message 

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.?"

But it keeps sending me here so I am trying to when I click the link. So I am trying to figure out how to get in touch with a human to verify my ID.

Hi Juan,

Go to the link first:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Scroll down to the end, you will find a button"GET HELP" at the right corner just above the footer. Click on that, a pop-up box will come up. Write your problem (like, I have an issue with payment method set up). Click on "Continue". There will be two big buttons. Click on "I still need help". Then select a category and subcategory (like Profile and Profile approval). Then click on "Continue". Now you will find the option "Email", "Chat" or "Ask Community". The Chat option is only for Top-rated freelancers. As I see your profile, you don't have the top-rated badge. So you can only mail them by clicking on "EMAIl NOW". 

Hope it will help.
Thanks
Sagar

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
andabelart
Community Member

im trying to get verified as a US citizen. i live in montana. i have an old (expires in a couple months) drivers license that has seen better days. the damage is causing it to be refused. i also have a state id for montana, but its expired. anyway someone with real eyeballs can take a look?

Hi Shawn,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your ID, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths