🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: ID Verification Rejected
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
kk012493
Community Member

I'm not able to enter in my phone number to try to receive a new text message since never receiving one previously and now it's sayinng I cannot use that number anymore because it failed to verify it. Can someone from upwork help me with this issue. 

Hi Kelsey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone number, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
swalpa
Community Member

I can not submit proposal,because attampt to fail maximum num of id verification.So kindly request upwork team setup my account and given one more time to submit my state id verification.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Swalpa, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Goran
Upwork
syvertsen-thomas
Community Member

Reached the maximum number of ID uploads. My ID wasn't updated with the matching address after the move, but now it is and I cant upload it again

Hi Thomas,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with the verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue, maximum number of upload attempts for ID and now I'm locked out. It doesn't give me the option to e-mail support, only to ask in the community.

rapharoi
Community Member

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support.

it keeps telling me to contact customer support but there is no way in the site to submit or contact customer support. what kind of support is this????

The only option is to submit on a forum or talk to a bot which is no help. why isn't there a phone number or at least a direct chat? 

and when I click the contact customer support it just redirects me to the community at the end? so there is no way to even submit a ticket. . . 

one of the most frustrating support experience I've  had

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taylor and Raphael,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support tickets and assist you further with your verification processes, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
yumin_deng
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to verify my identity by uploading my green card (permanent resident card), but the system will not recognize it. My pictures fit the format instructions perfectly. I've tried many times and now Upwork says I have reached the maximum number of attempts. I was told to contact customer service, but the button only brought me to this community forum. I have already tried the trick to find a US-only job and contact support that way. It did not work. There was no support button for me to find. How can my ID be verified?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yumin, 

I apologise for the delay. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
lilpenguin
Community Member

Hello, I tried to upload my driver's license to verify an identity.

But I got an error like "unsupported type of id".

Is the driver's license supported?

Please help me.

Best Regards,

Brandt

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brandt, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sergiorobledo
Community Member

My account was put on hold as well. Thank you!

Hi Sergio,

We'll have an agent reach out to you as well and assist you with verification.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
ahmedhcp2019
Community Member

I keep getting a notification that I have  reachmed my maximum retries of ID submission. How do I go about this please?

Hi Shannon and Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you. I have found some projects I would like to apply for.

singinbeauty
Community Member

I have tried mulitple times to upload my state driver's license as a validation for my location and it has denied it no matter how I tried it. This is ridiculous. Is there a special formula???

dongurik
Community Member

I have reached my maximum number of attempts to upload my ID and thus I still can't upload my ID file. I can't figure out how to solve this on my own and I need your assistance. Thank you in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kateryna,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dongurik
Community Member

Bojan, thank you very much!

I don't see my request reflected on my page. Is this supposed to be like that? Or this is another problem I'm not completely aware of. Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kateryna, 

You should be able to access your ticket here. Let us know if you need further assistance.  

~ Avery
Upwork
bowles-caitlin
Community Member

Hello, I am also having this exact same problem. When I clicked on the Customer Support link, I was asked to fill out a short form but have yet to hear anything back. Most of the articles made to help with this seem to be outdated and I don't see an "Identification Verification" tab on my profile to request the video verification like the articles ask.

Hi Yaniris, Kym, and Caitlin, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to each of you to assist you with your location verification.

~ Avery
Upwork
yanihdez
Community Member

I have exceeded the number of attempts to confirm my location. I sent a copy of my driver’s license to the support team about 4 days ago and nothing has been confirmed.

Similar situation for me too. I uploaded ID (passport) but realized my registered address and location differed. I read it could take up to 48 hours to resolve, so you're not alone. 

knchen
Community Member

I have the same problem. I don't know how to redo a verification. Can someone help me? Thank you

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kuan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
albertoclock
Community Member

want help to get varified sooner rather then latter i just want to gain work experience is that so much to ask? 

Hi Albert,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hardubej-viktor
Community Member

Hello,

I tried to upload my ID but authentication failed.
How can I upload again?

thanks

Hi Viktor,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rkramer1964
Community Member

I, too, have had a hold placed on my account after automated verification failed.  The email notifying me of the hold gives no next steps and there does not seem to be any way to contact anyone.

What do I need to do?

Hi Brandon and Richard,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
aviance25
Community Member

I am getting the same error. Changed my name since I'm married now, and uploaded the ID, getting the error anyway. 

mjlloydlewis
Community Member

As many others have, I've received this: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

I tried to upload my ID once, so that first sentence seems like overkill.

In any case, I'd like to alter this problem, but am given no means of doing so. Also, while the Review section leads me to articles that describe how to solve the problem, none seem to tell one where to go on the site to actually accomplish any of those things once one's ID has been rejected. I'm sure it's quite obvious, but I don't see how to do it.

Hi Aviance and M J,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your accounts information to our support team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
oumarodd
Community Member

System cannot verify my ID. How can customer service help me out?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rodda, 

I can see that the team notified you about your being unable to verify your location through this support ticket. You may respond to the ticket so that the team can assist you further on the same ticket thread. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths