🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Submit Proposals
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266
juliadifiori
Community Member

I am getting a message that says I can't submit proposals to jobs. I was trying to log in after a period of not using Upwork, so I tried some passwords but ultimately had to change my password. But it's still locking me out from applying to jobs. How can I resolve this ASAP?

Hi Julia, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ariahoo
Community Member

Hello

simply uploaded a low quality Passport picture for 2 time and i got below email!!!

with no repoy address , contact number or solution.

please let me know what should i do ???

thanks 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Upload a good quality picture of your passport and get verified.
The solution is simple.

Thanks for replying, But where ?

Talk to Upwork support and get a new opportunity for submitting ID.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamid, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team, and they will get in touch with you to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jakubpfreelance
Community Member

Cannot upload a picture of my identification, ran out of attempts because it could not identify. The quality was poor but I managed to take a better picture on another camera.

Hi Jakub, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
tombeng7495
Community Member

Hello. I'm currently having trouble uploading my driver's license to verify my identification. I followed all of the requirements for the picture, including the 200 dpi and in png form, but it still won't accept my license. Please help so I can be able to start applying on Upwork. Thank you!

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thank you.

tygovaars
Community Member

Hi, I’m trying to verify my location/identity and received a message that I’ve reached the limit for attempts at uploading my passport photo. Can not figure out why it was not verified. Can someone please contact me?

Hi Tyler,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and help you further with completing the verification process, thanks!

mcdonaldruthe
Community Member

I received the following message: You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

How do I rectify this?

Hi Ruthe, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

They did reply, and I still had trouble.

Is there another way to verify who I am, rather than my ID? I have failed to upload my ID because I do not have a cell phone to upload a clear picture, so I had to use my webcam which causes a noticeable glare. What can I do, so I can verify who I am?

pichardoray
Community Member

I can't submit my proposals at the moment.

Can you help me?

Can you describe what is the problem going on? Do you have connects?
If you have connects then switch the browser and try to submit.

Yeah, I have 60 available connects.

I created my account at a few days ago.

But I can't send my proposals to all the jobs at the moment.

It shows I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID.

Can you help me to fix this issue?

Hi Ray, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
austen000
Community Member

Hi, 

I would like to verification my ID so I can submit proposals for US only jobs.

Thanks,

-Austen 

Hi Austen,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to assist you in uploading your ID for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
guitarwizard0112
Community Member

I have tried to verify drivers license and exceeded the limit twice already and it is still not working. I just need to get my Information verified so that i can get to work. 

Don't edit the picture!

Just capture an image from your camera and upload it without editing anything (no cropping or effet).

Also all the edges should be visible

Hi Charles,

I checked your account and it looks like the ID you submitted has been accepted and your location has been verified. You may now start submitting proposals. If you haven't already, please check out this thread to help you get started on Upwork. Let us know if you have any questions, we're always here to help. Thanks! 

~ Joanne
Upwork
tddup_slick
Community Member

I’m not sure why it says it couldn’t verify my ID. Is there anyway you can help?

Hi Jeff,

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via ticket to assist you further in uploading your ID for verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you.

divya_rk
Community Member

I provided my US state id for identity verification to submit proposals for US jobs. It failed multiple times even after satisfying the requirements asked for identity verification. Can you please help me in this regard.

Hi Divya,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly through email regarding your verification. 

Divya,

Don't edit the picture!

Just capture an image of your ID from your camera and upload it without editing anything (no cropping or effect).

Also, all the edges of your ID should be visible

a_ortu
Community Member

I cannot submit any proposals because I receive an error stating: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." I don't know how to correct this error, and the Community Bot says that I need to contact customer assistance.

Does anyone know how to upload an ID after reaching the maximum number of tries? Or how to contact customer assistance?

Hi Andrea,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thank you.

triplex09
Community Member

I got the same error, but it was do to the prour quality photos of my license. i can take better photos how dp i get someone from Upwork to help me fix this ?

Hi Jonathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further with completing the verification process, thanks!

Hi can I also please get help with this? 

I see an error saying: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID." and I haven't received any feedback from the customer support contact page.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gillian, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I am also being told I have reached the maximum number of attempts to verify my ID and am unable to submit proposals. I would apprecaite any solutions Upwork can offer.

Thanks!

-Nicco 

Hi Nicco,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nmedovich1
Community Member

Hello, all.  I came back to Upwork after quite a hiatus wasn't able to find the a place to verify my ID.  Upon opening a job, I was given the error: "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Nick

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths