🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork account
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Nick,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi everyone, After several attempt to upload my ID for verification, I've now reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID. The photo I was uploading was a clear photo of my passport as a jpeg and under 20mb so I don't understand what was wrong with it. I've tried to get help via their email system but just get the automated reply giving me a FAQ link which isn't helpful at all. Thanks.

bernard-ben
Community Member

I would like to verify my ID I tried a couple of time but my ID won't go through. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Benjamin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hanluong
Community Member

I took several photos of my ID which turned out too dark or didn't fit the requirement somehow, but now it's not allowing me to try anymore until I contact customer support. Would anyone be able to help me with this situation so I can finish verifying my account? 

Thanks in advance!

Han I don't have a solution, but am letting you know I'm having the exact same problem! Thanks for posting your issue. I'll be in touch if I come up with the answer! Super frustrating. 

I am having the same problem! I only tried once and it won't let me try again. Ive been trying to figure it out for a week now but..... it seems like theres no real person I can talk to with customer support.

Same Bryan. I've talked to the Bot a few times and have searched several times in Customer Support but keep getting sent in circles. I signed up for a webinar tomorrow for new comers so will try to ask live then. 

Hi Han, Kristen, and Bryan, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you through an email to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery!

jkapitula
Community Member

I had to update my name to legal name and now see the change reflected on my account, however when trying to send a proposal, it greyed out the "send proposal" box showing the following error message:

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Can you please clarify asap so that I may resume using my account. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yuliya, 

This is a notification for verifying your location to be able to bid for jobs that have a U.S.-location requirement. I will go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
caroline-jepchum
Community Member

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID(US). Also I keep on getting an error message when I want to submit a proposal

Hi Caroline, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
kkwasniewicz
Community Member

I recieved the above error when trying to add my licesnse as evidence of being located in the US.  I only tried once but it seemed like my image was not compatiable, so I went to try again once with an updated version but it will not allow me to do so.

Has anyone else had issues with uploading documentation?

Thanks!

Hi Krzysztof,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ethan_mead
Community Member

When I uploaded my identity documentation, it wasn't approved and now I cannot re-upload. The message I get told me to contact Customer Support but I just get directed here. Help!

Hi Ethan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jessvil73
Community Member

I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID.  What do I do?

Hi Jessica,

One of our team members will reach out to you as well, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
cox-jennifer
Community Member

I tried up loading my Drivers License yesterday. Multiple times. I believe it did not take because after reading today I understand you can not crop it down to size. Today It says I attempted to many times. It will not allow me to apply for jobs and I can not find any where to try it again.

md2010expert
Community Member

Hi 

I am not able to submit a proposal due to failed id verification "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support" can someone please help me on that?

juliana-bonett
Community Member

I have not been able to verify my ID because the address on the uploaded picture does not match my current location. I am not able to change my location to match it either so I am not able to verify my profile. 

Hi Juliana and Md Hassan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mandywalters
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my identification but i reached the number of allowed attempts to upload my drivers license.  What do I do now?

fonseca_luiz
Community Member

Hi,

I'm currently trying to certify my ID. Since I came as part of diplomatic community from another country, I currently hold a driver's license issued by the U.S department of state.

What should I do in this case in order to be verified?

Thank you in advance!

amagewick
Community Member

Hello,

I cannot get my drivers license to verify correctly. Now I cannot even get to the link. How do I create a support ticket?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked this for you and looks like you successfully completed your verification process. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
amagewick
Community Member

When trying to apploy to something it said I had to verify my identity... so I don't believe everything is 100% as it should be.

aleena_l
Community Member

Hello, 

I am getting this when I have tried to upload my ID. 

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

When I click the link it takes me here. I would like to begin working for here as soon as possible if someone could help.

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleena,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
maggeria21
Community Member

I also need help with this. I uploaded my identification but they had trouble verifying it and then I had to contact support...which I am doing currently.

I also need assistance with this issue. Thank you

andrey-rodberg
Community Member

Hey,

Who can help me with this:

You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. 
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Thanks

Hi Andrey, 

It looks like your account is already closed. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

~ Avery
Upwork
ashfaqmkhan1
Community Member

Hello, I tried verifying photo ID once and now it says the max number of attempts has been used up...

Someone please help.

Hi Aaron, Allison, Ruthe, Anthony, and Ashfaq,

A member of the Customer Support Team will get in touch with each of you to assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
zacharyetengoff
Community Member

I gave a picture of my ID as asked and it said my account was put on hold. Kind of frustrating because I'm new to this website and was looking forward to using it and now I have to wait because of a problem looking at my ID. I even used two different pictures with readable quality. Please help. 

Exact same issue for me. Someone please help. How has no one helped with this yet. How long are we expected to wait?

Zachary E wrote:

I gave a picture of my ID as asked and it said my account was put on hold. Kind of frustrating because I'm new to this website and was looking forward to using it and now I have to wait because of a problem looking at my ID. I even used two different pictures with readable quality. Please help. 

It happens fellows, nothing to worry about, just be patient and the admins will straighten it out for you, you've notified them I am sure, keep in mind that this is a HUGE platform and they, just like us, can only do so much at one time. 

I do not think you can imagine how many applications they get in a single day, I will not try to quote a number, it's HUGE, just chillax and your submissions will be handled as they should be.

I hope that helps some guys, just so you know, same thing happened to me back when I first signed up, I was inpatient and stressed out, but everything worked out just fine.

Matthew

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths