🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I need to verify my identity but it won't acc...
Page options
bhar5027
Community Member

United States Location Verification - Unable to do

Getting this error:

Unfortunately, you cannot submit a proposal for this job post because it requires location verification. Based on your previous attempts, you are currently not eligible to verify your location. Please contact customer support.

I had uploaded the driver's id once but it said verification failed. 

I need help on this. 

Please help me resolve the issue.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. If you've encountered any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by selecting the "Get Support" button on this page and they’ll be happy to assist you.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,266 REPLIES 5,266

Hi Zachary, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ashish_thirdi
Community Member

I am facing a series of challenges with Upwork interface and really require your help. 
  • While applying for Job which is for US freelancers (Only freelancers located in the United States may apply), the system has asked to upload valid US ID proof. We failed multiple attempts to upload the US driver's license as ID. Although it was a clear image of 2.4 MB size, it continued to through the same error.
  • Since today morning I am seeing another different error ie. You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
Earlier for Third I Global Services, we had another account with <**Edited for Community Guidelines**>, where we were facing the same issue and we ended up deleting that account a few days ago. We then created this fresh account and now, don't know what's going wrong with this too.

Hi Amit,

Only freelancers located in the US can apply on US jobs.
Please keep in mind that presenting misleading information is a violation of our TOS. If you have any additional questions let me know, if private details are involved feel free to reach out to us (Moderators) via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
danita_dykes
Community Member

I received an error stating that too many attempts were made to verify identification.  My account has been placed on hold, therefore I am unable to submit job proposals.  I am new to upworks and would like to get started soon.  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Danita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
xyphles
Community Member

As the subject of the post says im having issues with the system and I need to either submit a support ticket or get in contact with support. When i go through the help center however i do not have the option to submit the support ticket and am directed here. Can anyone here help me with my issue? Thanks in advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ethan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gervasini-t
Community Member

madison-forsyth
Community Member

What do I do now? It locked me out.

Hello Teco, Madison, and Frederick,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
iamfrednah
Community Member

My ID has my full nam including my middle name. 

I was told to contact customer service and it has brought me here. 

Can you guys email me or contact my phone so this can taken care of please. 

Very stressful not being able to contact you guys directly. 

greeneworks
Community Member

Upworks won't accept my ID. I've tried different angles and such, but it refuses to accept it as ID Verification. 

chuckc1993
Community Member

I tried to upload my ID for the verification process and for whatever reason it wouldnt accept it. The picture adhered to the guidelines and was not altered at all. Now I cant really do anything on my account or get in contact with anyone who can really help resolve the issue. What can I do about this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Taimoni and Charles,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
casey-paluch
Community Member

I am trying to figure out to resubmit my drivers license. It failed when I uploaded it the first time and I now realize that the addresses don't match becasue we recently moved. Can I get any help with this?? 

Hi Casey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
artisticallure
Community Member

"You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support."

Trying to get verified and it's been impossible with the same error!

brittie2004
Community Member

I've passed the maximum tries to upload and now I'm locked out. Help!

Hi Brittany, and Aideliz, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
albertoclock
Community Member

trying to get varified told me to contact support here i am... what now?

just saw i had a previous post this is redundent, sorry for trouble

alexandre_frank
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I am a new freelancer and upwork does not let me verify my ID since all my documents are French.

How am I supposed to verify it if all the certified documents have to be from the US.

I have a french Passport, ID, Driving license etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alexandre Frank.

Hi Alexandre, 

If you have any of the following IDs, such as a state issued driver's license, ID card, or United States passport, Green Card, or EAD, you should be able to use these documents to verify your location. 

If you do not have any of the documents available, you will be unable to verify your location, and unable to bid for jobs with a U.S. location requirement. 

Alexandre, I'm not sure if you recently moved to the U.S., but as a gentle reminder, please make sure that you have the proper work documents should you wish to pursue your freelancing business on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi,

I am a student/athlete here in the US and will be graduated in August so I
do not have green card or EAD yet.

I am French so I have a French passport with a visa but not US passport. I
also have a french driving license.

Is any of these would work?

Thank you!
e_emeno
Community Member

I have same problem.How can I solve it ?

barnes_bryanw
Community Member

I did not see that it said not to edit the ID photo when uploading a photograph to verify my ID and it was refused twice, now that I have sought help I realize my errors but I cannot retry. Can that be reset or do I have to delete my account and start a new one?

Hi Bryan and Everett,

One of our team members will reach out to you both via ticket and assist you further with verifying your IDs, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
joe-ani
Community Member

Hey.

I tried uploading my ID but it didnt let me. It is now saying, "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support."

Please advise.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm having the same problem. There is a message at the top of any job posting stating "You've reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID. Please contact customer support." Then the help keeps pushing me to talk to the community. Looks like you solved this problem for some others, would you mind helping me also, please.

Thanks!

Stephanie 

Hi Alexandra and Shahir,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification processes, thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I was able to get it taken care of. Thank you
algia10
Community Member

Hi,

I got an error that my ID wasn't scanned correctly, so I rescanned it and tried to submit it again, but now it told me that I reached the "maximum" submissions and to contact text support. I tried to contact tech support and I got here. So, I don't know can help with this now.

Please let me know how can I upload it again, and where.

Thank you,

Alexandra

kwesimm
Community Member

Hi. There is a message showing up on my profile which says "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. Please contact customer support." Please assist me in solving this issue at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kwesi,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly to assist you with your verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
evincent1220
Community Member

Hello,

When I try to submit proposals for jobs within the U.S. I am taken to a page telling me I have reached the maximum upload tries for my I.D., with the link for the email not working. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

Hi Emma, 

One of our agents will contact you directly and assist you on how to resolve this.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having this same issue. I've reached the maximum number of tries to upload my ID and I'm at a loss. How can this be fixed?

Hi Kambra, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can assist you with your location verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
binh_n
Community Member

I've attempted to upload my ID for verification multiple times and now it appears I'm locked. Can someone please help?

tiarrajanephoto
Community Member

I have reached the maximum number of tries to upload my drivers License after following all the requirements with a crisp and clear photo. What do I do!?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths